Regional Design Consultant - Western US
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
Best Western is seeking a dynamic, well organized Regional Design Consultant. In this challenging position, key to enhancing the design of Best Western hotels, you will ensure Member satisfaction with the Design Excellence process by fostering a collaborative approach to planning capital investments and helping Members get the highest return on investment, while at the same time ensuring our hotels are meeting guest expectations on the product experience. Promotes compliance with Company and professional design standards by providing members, with project design services. Makes member development recommendations, develops design criteria and/or leads design initiatives.
Successful candidates will have professional knowledge of Design and/or Architectural needs and timelines for projects, as well as an understanding of pricing and lead times. You must be able to effectively relate new concepts and approaches, and you will interact with Members to tactfully and efficiently resolve member concerns.
Essential Job Results
Provides design consulting services by visiting property sites and/or meeting with members. Develops design criteria and identifies requirements. Applies functional analysis and space planning principles and makes presentations to clients. Assigns Property Improvement Plan timelines according to industry and Company standards. Creates milestones and deadlines for submittals, responses. Customizes milestones to meet property specific priorities and requirements. Effectively manages timelines to completion of each project. Reviews reports, photos and plans to assess properties and correct design deficiencies in compliance with design guidelines. Leads and monitors projects to ensure design objectives are met. Lead design initiatives to recommend and implement new systems, processes or procedures.
Effectively manages relationships and ensures Member satisfaction with a variety of Property Improvement Plans by being the Member’s main point of contact from the site visit through project completion. Monitors the progress of each project. Communicates and tracks key information regarding property progress and milestones.
Defines project requirements by identifying project/process scope, milestones, phases and resource requirements.
Evaluates project progress by tracking activity, overcoming obstacles, providing updates and recommending course corrections as needed. Resolves escalated/time-sensitive situations by working with the Member to ensure appropriate action is taken.
Serves as a key organizational resource by maintaining an up-to-date knowledge base with design standards and construction documents and facilitating update meetings with appropriate individuals or departments as needed.
- Minimum 5 years related, professional level experience managing projects in Design, Architecture or Project Management with experience in the hospitality industry strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design or Architecture, or Hospitality Management with experience with Design and Architectural related projects, or an equivalent combination of Education and Experience.
- NCIDQ/AIA certification a plus.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Seasoned analytical, time management and written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work and think independently using proven analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with organization policies, practices, function and personnel. Knowledge of accounting practices, financial analysis and budgeting concepts and techniques is required.
- Customer focused with good presentation skills.
- Ability to diplomatically communicate deficiencies and required changes.
- Resolves defined problems and identifies hidden problems.
- Uses a wide degree of creativity and latitude to analyze and resolve problems.
- Other Requirements
- May travel up to 70-80% of work time
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.