Senior Node Developer - Remote Job
- Gral. Silva 680, Lima 15047, Peru
We are a digital consultant company that develops enterprise web and mobile applications. Our company was founded in Switzerland with headquarters in Lima and our clients are from the USA, Europe and Latin America.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Developer with Node.js expertise to work from home for a challenging project in the US. Our perfect candidate must have all the mentioned below requirements and be ready to join the distributed startup team in the e-learning industry to develop software solutions for their web application.
The selected candidate will refactor and redesign much of the current API, implement unit testing for all major API endpoints and work with the Frontend Developer on new features, among other backend tasks which rely on the API.
This is a remote, full-time position with a 40-hours workload per week for Latin America only.
- 7+ years of professional experience in an engineering role.
- Strong knowledge of Node.js: Express, Sequelize ORM, Passport.js
- Experience with REST.APIs.
- Understanding of Relational Databases (basic design, refactoring).
- Experience with Unit Testing.
- Understanding of OpenAPI 3 (aka Swagger).
- Experience with Caching (Redis).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A trustworthy, goal-oriented team player with organizational and time-management skills.
- Able to collaborate and communicate efficiently with a distributed team.
- Capable of taking a proactive approach towards problems and making technical decisions with minimal input from the management team.
- Advanced and conversational English.
- Familiarity with Git / Gitflow / Bitbucket.
- Basic knowledge of Docker.
- Familiarity with Linting (Airbnb).
- Basic understanding of time/space complexity of algorithms.
- Experience working with agile methodologies.
- Experience working in remote teams.
The skills that a Senior Node Developer should have are:
- Clear thinking.
- Assertive communication.
- Ability to understand and read quickly.
- Attention to details.
- Self-learning skills.
- Adaptable and capable of working under pressure.
- Goal orientation.
- Time management.