- Young St, Kensington, London W8, UK
We're bringing peace of mind and financial security to all modern families, in one holistic and engaging platform ✌️
We offer life insurance to our users alongside a suite of free products to help them with the life and after-life admin. This includes the ability to write your will for free with our online will writer. We're creating a single platform for users to manage all of their families life admin, and protect the things that matter most to them.
What are we looking for?
As we expand our engineering team, we are looking for an experienced back-end developer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can help us build and scale our product beyond the MVP. Currently we've built a web application, but next on our radar is to build a mobile app.
You will be one of the first hires of the company and working closely with our CTO and the co-founding team. Since we are an early-stage startup, you will have more responsibilities than in a regular role and play a large part in shaping the next features of the application.
Currently we're all working remotely, but post-covid we're looking for someone who is willing to commute to our London office once or twice a week.
Our Tech Stack
- Docker + Kubernetes (GCP)
- ReactJS with TypeScript
- GraphQL, gRPC
- Write high quality and well tested code for our backend platform
- Build components and architecture for our suite of upcoming products
- Collaborate and review code of other engineers
- Create and present ideas and solutions for improvements to products, services and processes
- Test products and updates before they go live
Key skills and experience
- 1-3 years of back-end development using Golang
- Excellent knowledge of programming best-practice, and an obsession with tidy code
- A strong communicator, self-starter and problem solver
- Willingness to learn new technologies
Nice to have
- Experience with cross-platform mobile app frameworks (e.g. React Native, Flutter)
- Experience using Docker, Kubernetes, GCP, Helm, Terraform, Postman, Gitlab CI, microservices architecture
What we offer
- Employee Share Option Scheme
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible and remote working options
- Catered lunches 2 days a week, unlimited breakfast, healthy snacks, freshly ground coffee and Evening Bar.
- Private health care and of course, life insurance
- Macbook (or similar) and a personal budget for work from home expenses