Senior Creative Agency Project Manager
- San Francisco, CA
Founded in 2006, Benz Communications has a national reputation as a leading Human Resources and employee benefits communication consulting firm. Our work helps thousands of people make smart decisions about their health care, retirement and other benefits. We’re passionate about our work and the opportunity we have to make a big impact in the national dialog on health care reform and other topics that are critical to individuals’ health and well-being.
As a Senior Project Manager (PM), you operate independently, often coordinating the efforts of others to deliver outstanding results. You are a proactive perfectionist and creative problem solver. You live by the mantra ‘no rest until the job is delivered and the client is delighted.’ You have the utmost professionalism and respect for confidentiality. You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
You juggle multiple client engagements and collaborate with the entire Benz Communications team including consultants, editors, designers, web developers and operations as well as external partners such as printers and web developers. Your work is the cornerstone to making an immediate impact on our clients and their employees.
You expand your role beyond the typical Project Management responsibilities to support the organization as needed by leading internal initiatives.
- Create strong, ongoing relationships with multiple clients, becoming their trusted resource for on time, on budget, on point deliverables.
- Partner with consultant to offer strategic ideas to influence client outcomes and the employee experience.
- Become familiar with a client’s: Brand, Businesses/Business Partners and locations (for distribution), Internal communication channels, Project goals and priorities, Vendor partners, Communication style/preferences and Benefits offerings
- Know your clients benefits well enough to drive campaigns forward with a strong point of view and express your perspective with confidence.
- Actively contribute to brainstorm sessions.
- Use your influence and expertise to participate in pitching the client on new campaign pieces or formats.
- Participate in extend and expand opportunities with current clients.
- Participate in business development activities with prospective clients.
- Master the Benz Communications financial tools for efficiency and scalable solutions.
- Partner with the consultant to manage financial processes, develop proposals/estimates and track budgets.
- Ensure overall profitability of client engagements by managing scope and expectations as outlined in the statement of work.
- Be comfortable surfacing out-of-scope discussions internally with a solution mindset.
- Be comfortable partnering with consultants in out-of-scope discussions with clients.
- Co-lead ongoing internal client financial health check-in discussions.
- Responsible for client budget reconciliations, tracking and logging cost of goods sold, and partnering with accounting on revenue recognition process.
- Collaborate with accounting to evolve financial processes.
- Embody Benz’s culture of collaboration, passion and creativity.
- Work in partnership with consultants on projects from end to end.
- Translate all conversations/meetings into concise, actionable notes, providing client-ready as well as internal versions as needed.
- Reach out proactively to team members to troubleshoot potential issues that could place a project at risk.
- Check-in weekly (at a minimum) with team members to review all work in progress, map out next steps and address any potential challenges ahead.
- Bring together cross-departmental teams and lead them to deliver flawlessly.
- Share client feedback on materials in a constructive, timely manner.
- Review all work before sending out for client review and conduct a final proof before sending to print and/or posting online.
- Support team members as needed to deliver on our commitments.
- Oversee server organization for your client portfolio.
- Manage vendor relationships, budgets and work quality.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Be the example of the person you’d most like to work with.
- Ability to thrive under pressure.
- Ability to establish immediate credibility and comfort with clients about your (our) project management savvy.
- Ingrained focus on balancing details with big picture view.
- Proven ability to convey professionalism and confidence in client and group settings.
- Passion for creating understanding, emotional connection and action through helping to marry content and design.
- Hunger to learn: client business and style; Benz Communications business, processes and resources.
- Drive to contribute to process improvement.
- Flexible, agile, optimistic with a desire for ongoing learning.
- Team oriented, validates team capacity and resources before making any client commitments.
- Interest in data analytics.
- Familiar with Google analytics.
- Pride in quality of deliverables, ability to push back internally if quality lacking.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Flexibility to travel.
- Ability and willingness to meet the needs of clients—when and where they need us. It is not unusual to work 110% of total time over the course of a year to meet client commitments, especially when travel is required.
- This position typically requires a minimum of 10 years of professional experience, ideally including 4–7 years in the industry.
- Remote team members are required to spend 2–4 weeks per year working out of the San Francisco office.
- Mac OS proficiency
- Microsoft Office, Basecamp and/or TeamWork, FunctionFox, Google Apps
- Proficiency with print design, including excellent understanding of offset printing process
- Strong familiarity with web design/build/UX and developing web trends
- Experience with video production and voice over
- Proficiency in project budgeting and maintenance
If you are qualified and interested, please send REQUIRED items below to be considered:
- PDF of your résumé.
- PDF of your cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position and why it would be the right fit for you.
Please name the attached files lastname-firstname-resume and lastname-firstname-coverletter respectively. If you have a salary requirement, we’d appreciate knowing that as well.
Local candidates are preferred. No relocation. No phone calls please.