Senior CNC Machinist
- OH-562, Cincinnati, OH, USA
• May perform programming.
• May perform set up of manual and CNC machines including loading of tools, troubleshooting, programming adjustments and tear-down.
• With limited supervision, completes tasks as directed by SOPs, routers, prints, work instructions and manufacturing schedules.
• Operates machining equipment with an understanding of machining and metal removal concepts which may include milling, turning, grinding and other methods.
• Observes operation of machine and verifies conformance of machined work pieces to specifications using measuring instruments such as fixed gauges, calipers and micrometers.
• Adheres to dimensions and tolerances found on prints. May use prints and sketches to determine proper methods and processes.
• May perform machine set up.
• Demonstrates a high degree of proficiency in the selection and care of special machine tools such as drills, jigs, mills, lathes and fixtures.
• Diagnoses machine problems using proper diagnostic tools.
• May maintain CNC program files.
• May maintain machine maintenance files.
• Reworks production parts and performs emergency rework and/or modification of production parts as directed.
• Modifies existing processes if necessary.
• Inspects prototypes, machines prototype fixtures and First Article components.
• Performs in-process checks using measuring devices and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department lead person or supervisor.
• Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
• Trains other employees.
• Works on projects as part of a team, exchanging ideas and contributing skills that complement those of the other team members. Fulfills commitments to team members.
• May perform assembly, deburring and other duties as required.
• May perform welding assignments as directed
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• 5+ years of related experience with trade school certification preferred where applicable.
• Considerable knowledge of the machinist role and complete acquaintance with an understanding of the machining of routine parts and ability to practically apply solutions to routine problems.
• Understanding of FDA device manufacturing requirements
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.