Revenue Manager - Scotland
- Hettenheuvelweg 51, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
BELVAR is owned by the Maribel hotel group and is a leader in hotel operations and development in Europe. In addition to the Marriott brands Moxy Hotels and Courtyard by Marriott, Belvar also operates concepts for the Maribel-owned brands First Hotels, X Meeting Point and GÅRD Taste Scandinavian. Check www.belvar.eu for more company information.
Belvar is expanding and is therefore looking for a dynamic, flexible, knowledgeable and eager to learn Revenue Manager for the Scottish market, based in Amsterdam. Join our fabulous revenue team now!
The Revenue Manager - Scotland has the responsibility of overseeing and guiding the hotel revenue management process with as goal maximizing total hotel revenues and gain market share of your specific market. The Scottish market currently includes Moxy Aberdeen Airport, Moxy Glasgow Merchant City and Moxy Edinburgh Airport. In Q1 2020, both Moxy Glasgow SEC and Courtyard Glasgow SEC will open their doors as well.
As Revenue Manager you will lead and manage all aspects of the revenue / yield management. You will work closely with the Hotel GM’s, Sales team and the Director of Revenue. Your job includes, but is not limited to, analyse historical and forecasted performance, develop (long-term) pricing strategies, monitor and manage rates and inventory, maintain pricing and distribution systems, measure and track performance of strategies, summarize and communicate progress to the properties and Belvar management team. Belvar utilizes Marriott systems such as OneYield.
1. Develop property specific strategies and tactics to maximize revenues by performing the necessary analysis including but not limited to the following:
- Historical demand analysis
- Forecasted demand
- Current production
- Market share comp set analysis
- Business mix analysis
- Assist and develop annual room revenue budgets by market segments for the hotels along with the strategy team
2. Monitor and manage rates and inventory to ensure the property is properly priced in the market by day including but not limited to:
- Rate structure/tier pricing by season
- Channel parity / availability
- Competitive pricing analysis
- Group displacement analysis
- Manage availability of rates/rate tiers
- Manage inventory restrictions
- Must be able to complete both weekly and monthly forecasts up to 18 months rolling
- Must have prior knowledge in budgeting Rooms Revenue
4. Tracks and communicates the effectiveness of defined strategies and tactics making recommendations for on-going adjustments:
- Month end reporting
- Weekly tracking / status reports
- Weekly Strategy Meeting with Captains and Sales
In addition to initiating high-level revenue strategies, the role would:
- Determine hotel room revenue needs in advance of booking cycles and create, monitor & manage revenue strategies and actions to achieve goals
- Balance Rooms inventory and make recommendations
- Produce written analysis and reports on forecasts and actuals as needed for Moxy Management Team and Ownership.
- Checks distribution channels for hotel positioning, information accuracy and competitor positioning
- Responsible for rate loading and maintenance of the rate code data base
- Provides Revenue Management functional expertise to GM’s, Leadership teams and market sales leaders.
- Work with property GM’s and Sales to develop proactive strategies to address deficits and achieve goals.
- Recap each month end – with comprehensive notes about strategies employed, outcomes, what worked, what didn’t work and what to do differently next year.
- Produce revenue and displacement analysis as needed/ requested
- Manage relationships between hotel and OTA’s to leverage and gain best options.
- Explores opportunities that drive profit, create value for clients, and encourage innovation; challenges existing processes/systems/products to make improvements.
- Understand and meets the needs of key stakeholders (Owners, leadership team and guests etc.)
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Multi hotel revenue management experience
- A Marriott (or other global brand) background
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience in opening new hotels of different brands
- Knowledge of defining strategies, revenue management application techniques and profitability across all revenue streams.
- Knowledge of Opera / PMS
- Strong organisational skills, effective decision-making skills, and innovation
- A strong business acumen
- Flexibility and the ability to thrive within a constantly changing and growing organization.
Regional Director of Revenue Management - BELVAR
The travel requirements are limited, 5-10%.
Belvar HQ (The Lab) is in Amsterdam, in walking distance of train station Amsterdam Bijlmer Arena.
What we offer you
- A market competitive salary
- A fast-growing dynamic international company
- Yearly Belvoucher, a three night complimentary stay in any of the Belvar hotels
- Access to the global learning system of Marriott International and the Marriott Explore rate program (stay in 7000+ hotels worldwide at highly reduced rates for you, your friends and family)
- Happy Friday drinks & staff parties
- Travel allowance
- Above all, a fabulous team!