Director of Procurement
- Hettenheuvelweg 51, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, nl
Belvar Development is a business unit within the Belvar Group. We are based in Amsterdam and work with development projects across Europe. Belvar Development is responsible for Belvars new openings as well as internal restorations. We are responsible for the project until the day of the opening when we hand over to our operational divisions, Belvar Complete and Belvar Life. Our purpose is to provide our teams with a hotel, restaurant or another venue – which is completed, functional, equipped and ready to open for guests.
We work very close together with our development partners to make sure we deliver a venue according to its brand and our companies standards.
Our highest volume of projects at the moment is the roll out of Moxy Hotels across Europe, together with Vastint Hospitality. Right now, we have around 40 new hotels in the pipeline. Parallel with the Moxy Hotel roll out we currently work on several full-scale hotel projects, restaurants and other internal restorations.
We perform site investigation to make sure that the new project is according to the market needs and our customers and owner’s requests. We make sure that every outlet opens in time, has the correct licenses and insurance in place. We make sure that the handover to our operational divisions are completed and well documented. We procure 5SU, FF&E, contractual procurement and IT. After the openings, we follow up on installations and deliveries. We make sure the operational division has what is needed to run a smooth, efficient and cost-efficient daily service.
Read more on: www.belvar.eu
The Director of Procurement is part of the shared service team – and works across the group with all business units. He/she has a long experience from this field of work and is self-going in its profession.
This position has not yet been established within the organization – so the first line of work will be to form the processes and set up the strategy on how to work moving forward. The next step wil be implementation of new guidelines and procedures.
The Director of Procurement is responsible for direct supervision and successful implementation of all purchasing projects including estimating, sales and purchasing functions. This position will work closely with design and brand teams (both internal and external) to ensure client satisfaction and adherence to industry and brand best practices.
Additional responsibilities include management and mentorship of the future procurement group, departmental budgeting, business development initiatives and contract review. Directors collaborate with our leadership group to formulate, establish and continuously maintain firm-wide policies and initiatives.
- Set up the procurement organization for the group
- Oversee successful implementation of all purchasing projects including the estimating, sales and purchasing, delivery and installation functions
- Manage departmental billing/fees processes including employee and project scheduling
- Facilitate the creation of pipeline projects through proposal origination and new business strategy; generate and maintain prospect/client relationships in conjunction with our business development group
- Manage and evaluate business processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within the group
- Negotiate, review and recommend revisions to supplier contracts and business proposals to ensure the scope of work aligns with predetermined business objectives
- Create and maintain annual Procurement budget to align with strategy of the group and firm
- Effectively manage supplier contracts and all related documents in a detailed and accurate manner
- Monitor quality and cost of services and determine new, innovative ways to reduce procurement costs and increase revenue
- Identify potential opportunities to improve budget and generate savings, revenue enhancement, and other opportunities that offer the Belvar group a competitive advantage
- Follow and provide input into group processes and procedures to ensure strategies and directives of department are carried out in accordance with group and firm-wide objectives
- Take lead in procurement processes regarding new developments
- Overall in charge for procurement for the group
- Advanced knowledge base of hospitality FF&E and OS&E
- Proven leadership skills at the group and firm level
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building capabilities to work with cross-functional teams and influence stakeholders
- Advanced experience with contract and proposal generation/review with acute attention to detail
- Establish, foster and maintain vendor and client relationships
- Originate and support business development opportunities
- Exhibit passionate team mentality and promote a continuous learning environment within the Procurement group
- Excellent communication, negotiation, listening and conflict resolution skills
- Able to multi-task and adjust to change with tight timelines in a fast-paced, highly creative environment
- Organized and thorough work style with emphasis on time management
- Travel for professional or business development and projects as required
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain/Purchasing, Hospitality or related field
Minimum 10 years’ experience in FF&E and OS&E purchasing management. Extensive experience in Hospitality or Food & Beverage industry with leadership, business development and vendor/client relationship management responsibilities in a strategic setting at the director level.
Similar position within hotel, restaurant, retail, cruise & ferry, entertainment design.
FIELD OF WORK
Hospitality procurement (hotel & restaurant) with strong focus on operational solutions and development of innovative solutions for the hotel industry.
Chief Development Officer (CDO) of Belvar Development
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Belvar is a hotel management and development Company. Belvar operates hotels in franchise agreement with Marriott International. Our team consists of experienced hoteliers, which support our real estate partner (VASTINT) within the entire process of founding and operating a brand new hotel chain called MOXY Hotels. Our goal is to achieve long-term success to every single project.
Marriott International, Inc. is a leading global lodging company with more than 6,700 properties across 130 countries and territories, reporting revenues of more than $22 billion in fiscal year 2017. Founded by J. Willard and Alice Marriott and guided by family leadership for more than 90 years, the company is headquartered outside of Washington, D.C. in Bethesda, Maryland.