Accounts Payable (temporary)
- Hettenheuvelweg, 1101 Amsterdam, Netherlands
Belvar is a hotel management and development Company. Belvar operates Courtyard by Marriott and Moxy hotels in franchise agreement with Marriott International. Our team consists of experienced hoteliers, who support our real estate partner (VASTINT) within the entire process of founding and operating a brand new hotel chain called MOXY Hotels. Our goal is to achieve long-term success to every single project.
Marriott International, Inc. is a global leading lodging company with more than 4,200 properties in 79 countries and territories. Founded by J. Willard and Alice Marriott and guided by Marriott family leadership for nearly 90 years, the company is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, USA.
For our central finance team in Amsterdam – which we call “the Lab”- we are looking for an enthusiastic
to support our MOXY hotels’ finance function for a period of 7 months (October 2018 – April 2019) for replacement during holidays and maternity leave. The ideal candidate will have minimum 1-year relevant working experience in the field of accounts payable.
- Ensure all invoices are posted in a timely manner
- Ensure appropriate approvals for disbursements are obtained prior to making payments
- Ensure transactions are posted to the correct accounts and accurately reflect the business purpose of the transaction
- Ensure invoices are paid on time
- Ensure all transactions are appropriately documented before authorizing payment
- Ensure all disbursements are in compliance with local policies, laws and regulations
- Ensure expense claims are processed and paid timely
- Work closely with the team to resolve issues and to identify and correct root causes of errors within the department
- Liaise with relevant parties (buyers, requestors and suppliers, etc.) to resolve critical invoice discrepancies.
- Ensures an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Collaborates with the other departments to support overall goals and objectives
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Experience with Navision is a must
- Experience of working in the hospitality sector is a plus
- Fluent in English – written and spoken
- Team player, further developing the team’s culture of proactively approaching tasks that any fast-growing company experience
- Must be an effective organizer, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary
- Must be able to prioritize in order to meet due dates and deadlines
- Communication skills and building strong interdepartmental relationships is key success factor
Please note this is a temp position of 7 months (October 2018 – April 2019) for replacement during holidays and maternity leave.