Captain (General Manager) - MOXY Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport - OPENING August 2019
- Rue de Signe, Roissy-en-France, fr
MOXY Hotels is Marriott’s newest brand, which opened the first hotel in Milan, Italy, September 2014. MOXY HOTELS are designed to capture the rapidly emerging next-generation traveler. The brand combines contemporary, stylish design, approachable service, latest technology and, most importantly, an affordable price. It’s the new way of travelling!
MOXY Paris CDG Airport is now searching for an energetic and ambitious General Manager, called the Captain. This is a pre-opening position for MOXY Paris CDG Airport, opening in August 2019 with 292 guest rooms.
As Captain you have an eye for details and you know what is expected of you to give the guest a MOXY EXPERIENCE. You are proactive, kind and helpful and you are a visible leader for the team.
As a MOXY Captain you have a deep connection to the target guest and the brand’s core values – thoughtful, fun and spirited. You understand and resonate with what MOXY is all about, and focus your energy on bringing the MOXY experience to life for every guest and every Crew Member.
The Captain is responsible for setting up an environment where guests can serve themselves – because they believe self-service is the best service – in a thoughtful, intuitive manner. The responsibility includes everything from check-in and greeting, to the atmosphere in the lobby, the beverages served at the bar, the service delivery from crew members, the efficiency of check-out, and every step and interaction in between. The Captain is responsible for the heartbeat of the hotel.
You build relationships in the community and bring exciting events to the hotel. You construct a property atmosphere so that guests feel like they are seamlessly moving through the hotel, rather than just checking in and out. The Captain drives revenue for the business and is constantly focusing on making the operation profitable. You use your passion for the brand, your personality, and your ability to draw a crowd of loyal followers to create unique guest experiences in a vibrant environment.
The Captain is up and on the feet for most of the day, mingling and creating a buzzing atmosphere in the hotel, while maintaining a smooth operation behind the scenes to ensure the business is in order. Oh, and guess what? All of the Captain’s drive and know-how, ultimately produces a hotel that is as profitable as it is fun – because that is what MOXY is all about.
- Recruit and train the crew, as well as having the right tools needed to give the MOXY Experience.
- Make sure that the guest experience reaches the MOXY experience and is accurate to the MOXY Service Manual.
- Ensure social media is updated daily and follows MOXY's creative standards.
- Ensure a profitable hotel operation according to defined goals and ambitions.
- Make sure that the hotel follows local law and regulation in every procedure.
- Be active and involved in the daily work of the crew.
- Close cooperation with the sales and revenue team, to make sure business is coming in at the right price.
- Be updated on the hotels forecast and be proactive in order to plan future operational actions.
- Minimum 2 years of hotel managerial experience
- Strong communication skills
- Marketing experience
- Social media knowledge and experience
- Experience with hotel openings
- Event organisation
- Experience working abroad is a plus
MOXY Operations Officer (MOO) - France and Italy at BELVAR
Belvar is a hotel management and development Company, operating a portfolio of 16 hotels at prime locations across Europe, with 14 additional hotels scheduled to open in 2018-19. Belvar operates today 3 Courtyard by Marriott and 13 MOXY hotels in franchise agreement with Marriott International. Our team consists of experienced hoteliers, who support our real estate partner (VASTINT) within the entire process of founding and operating a brand-new hotel chain called MOXY Hotels. Marriott selected Belvar to be the first and preferred operator of MOXY Hotels, with a target of opening 150 MOXY hotels within the next 10 years.
Marriott International, Inc. is a leading global lodging company with more than 6,500 properties across 127 countries and territories, reporting revenues of more than $22 billion in fiscal year 2017. Founded by J. Willard and Alice Marriott and guided by family leadership for 90 years, the company is headquartered outside of Washington, D.C. in Bethesda, Maryland.