Regional Revenue Manager - Southern Europe
- Via Circonvallazione Idroscalo, 20090 Novegro-Tregarezzo MI, Italy
Belvar currently operates thirteen Moxy hotels and three Courtyard by Marriott hotels across Europe under franchise agreement with Marriott International, and the portfolio of hotels is growing rapidly. Additional three MOXY Hotels are opening later this year, and 20 hotels are planned to open during 2019-2020.
The Regional Revenue Manager Southern Europe has responsibility for overseeing and guiding the hotel revenue management process to formulate transient and group inventory restrictions, controls, and pricing strategies towards the goal of increasing market share and maximizing revenues for Belvar´s Moxy Hotels on the Southern Europe market. He / she will lead and manage all aspects of the revenue / yield management. He/She will work closely with the Hotel Captains, Sales and Commercial Officer to analyze historical and forecasted performance, develop pricing strategies, monitor and manage rates and inventory, maintain pricing and distribution systems, measure and track performance of strategies, summarize and communicate progress to property and Moxy Management Team.
1. Develop property specific strategies and tactics to maximize revenues by performing the necessary analysis including but not limited to the following:
- Historical demand analysis
- Forecasted demand
- Current production
- STR comp set analysis
- Business mix analysis
- Demand/blackout date calendar
- Assist and develop annual room revenue budgets by market segments for the SOUTHERN EUROPE hotels along with Captains, Sales and Moxy Commercial Officer.
2. Monitor and manage rates and inventory to ensure the property is properly priced in the market by day including but not limited to:
- Rate structure/tier pricing by season
- Channel parity / availability
- Competitive pricing analysis
- Group displacement analysis
- Manage availability of rates/rate tiers
- Manage inventory restrictions
- Must be able to complete both weekly and monthly forecasts
- Must have prior knowledge in budgeting Rooms Revenue
4. Tracks and communicates the effectiveness of defined strategies and tactics making recommendations for on-going adjustments:
- Month end
- Weekly tracking / status reports
- Weekly Strategy Meeting with Captains and Sales
- In addition to initiating high-level revenue strategies, the role would:
- Manage inventories and contractual obligations for wholesale, crew and OTAs.
- Produce and analyze production reports and use outside resources- to look into issues, challenges and opportunities
- Produce Room Budgets & participate in setting strategies
- Determine hotel room revenue needs in advance of booking cycles and create, monitor & manage revenue strategies and actions to achieve goals
- Balance Rooms inventory and make recommendations
- Produce written analysis and reports on forecasts and actuals as needed for Moxy Management Team and Ownership.
- Checks distribution channels for hotel positioning, information accuracy and competitor positioning
- Represent Revenue Department in the monthly Moxy Management Meeting
- Provides Revenue Management functional expertise to Captains, Leadership teams and market sales leaders.
- Work with property Captains and Sales to develop proactive strategies to address deficits and achieve goals in close communication with Moxy Commercial Officer.
- Recap each month end – with comprehensive notes about strategies employed, outcomes, what worked, what didn’t work and what to do differently next year.
- Produce revenue and displacement analysis as needed/ requested
- Manage relationships between hotel and OTAs to leverage and gain best options.
- Explores opportunities that drive profit, create value for clients, and encourage innovation; challenges existing processes/systems/products to make improvements.
- Understand and meets the needs of key stakeholders (Owners, leadership team and guests etc.)
Decisions made by the Regional Revenue Manager affect the revenue of a property greatly. Positive results will be visible as top line revenue growth and also by growing or sustaining market share vs. cumulative hotel comp set. The position will report to Moxy Commercial Officer at Belvar.
- Analytical – ability to review numbers and draw conclusions about past and future trends
- Multi-tasking/Organization – ability to manage multiple activities in parallel with proper follow up on status. Managing across various mgmt. levels, time management and prioritization of tasks is important.
- Ownership – take the lead to track down and resolve issues, and know when to escalate. Is able to operate efficiently with minimal direct supervision.
MOXY Hotels is Marriott’s newest brand, which opened the first hotel in Milan (Italy) in 2014. Moxy is designed to capture the rapidly emerging next-generation traveler. We combine stylish design, approachable service, latest technology and an affordable price. It’s the new way of travelling!
Marriott International, Inc. is a leading global lodging company with more than 6,500 properties across 127 countries and territories, reporting revenues of more than $22 billion in fiscal year 2017. Founded by J. Willard and Alice Marriott and guided by family leadership for 90 years, the company is headquartered outside of Washington, D.C. in Bethesda, Maryland.