Group Desk Coordinator - MOXY Hotels
- Hettenheuvelweg, 51, Amsterdam, NH, nl
MOXY Hotels Together with Marriott and Vastint, Belvar has developed Europe’s newest hotel brand. MOXY hotels are designed to capture the rapidly emerging next-generation traveller. The brand combines contemporary, stylish design, approachable service, latest technology and, most importantly, an affordable price. It’s the new way of travelling!
Belvar would like to welcome YOU to the exciting world of MOXY!
We search for energetic, motivated, creative people to join our fun and spirited central team. Together with Marriott International we offer you the opportunity to work with the leading hospitality company in the world with great opportunities for training and career development.
For our central office in Amsterdam which we call “The Lab” we are looking for a
GROUP DESK COORDINATOR
The Group Desk Coordinator handles customer inquiries and lead requests for groups within predefined parameters. Works with customers to align customer requirements and actively up-sell each business opportunity to maximize revenues and drive customer loyalty. Verifies that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. Maintains customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience. Processes business correspondence and create contracts and other related booking documentation as required. Demonstrates selling skills, polite communication skills, and a detailed understanding of property operations, food and beverage, and planning.
SUMMARY OF TASKS
Managing Group Sales Activities
Responsible for managing and execution of the difference phases in group sales as established by Belvar. This includes the following:
- Collects business inquiries from SFA Web / One Sources
- Handles customer inquiries and lead requests for groups within predefined parameters
- Works with customers to align customer preferences with brand needs and actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenues and drive customer loyalty
- Verifies that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery
- Maintains customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience
- Processes business correspondence, creates contracts, handover documents, billing and other related booking documentation as required
- Verifies that business booked is within hotel parameters
- Closes the best opportunities for each property based on market conditions and individual property needs
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked including systems management
- Transfers accurate, complete, and timely information to property in accordance with company standards
- Actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximise revenue for individual properties
- Follows up on opportunities uncovered by business development.
Managing Business Goals
- Effectively leverages other Group Sales resources and administrative/support staff to achieve personal and team related revenue goals.
- Understands the overall market (e.g., competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand) and how to sell against them.
- Bachelor or Associate Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
- or: High school diploma or GED; 2 years’ experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area
- Fluent command in English and German OR French is a plus.
- Knowledge of the group sales process
- A steady team player who pays attention to detail
- Affinity with Moxy DIY Concept and next generation travelers.
This position is for 38 hours a week.
Belvar is a hotel management and development Company, operating a portfolio of 14 hotels at prime locations across Europe, with 14 additional hotels scheduled to open in 2018-19. Belvar operates today 3 Courtyard by Marriott and 11 MOXY hotels in franchise agreement with Marriott International. Our team consists of experienced hoteliers, who support our real estate partner (VASTINT) within the entire process of founding and operating a brand-new hotel chain called MOXY Hotels. Marriott selected Belvar to be the first and preferred operator of MOXY Hotels, with a target of opening 150 MOXY hotels within the next 10 years.
Marriott International, Inc. is a leading global lodging company with more than 6,500 properties across 127 countries and territories, reporting revenues of more than $22 billion in fiscal year 2017. Founded by J. Willard and Alice Marriott and guided by family leadership for 90 years, the company is headquartered outside of Washington, D.C. in Bethesda, Maryland.