General Ledger Accountant
- Hettenheuvelweg, 1101 Amsterdam-Zuidoost, Netherlands
Belvar is a hotel management and development Company, operating a portfolio of 14 hotels at prime locations across Europe, with 14 additional hotels scheduled to open in 2018-19. Belvar operates today 3 Courtyard by Marriott and 11 MOXY hotels in franchise agreement with Marriott International. Our team consists of experienced hoteliers, who support our real estate partner (VASTINT) within the entire process of founding and operating a brand-new hotel chain called MOXY Hotels. Marriott selected Belvar to be the first and preferred operator of MOXY Hotels, with a target of opening 150 MOXY hotels within the next 10 years.
We search for energetic, motivated and creative people to join our fun and spirited centralised shared services team. Together with Marriott International we offer you the opportunity to work with the leading hospitality company in the world with great opportunities for training and career development.
For our central office in Amsterdam which we call “the Lab” we are looking for an experienced
GENERAL LEDGER ACCOUNTANT
with a keen eye out for detail who will help us move forwards in our growth.
The General Ledger Accountant is accountable for creating journal entries and assembling supporting documentation, as well as for tracking the contents of accounts, creating portions of the financial statements, and writing related disclosures. You will act as a key central support player for a multinational accounting team in Amsterdam as well as for several service providers throughout Europe. You report to the Group Accountant.
- Involvement in ascertaining the timely and accurate preparation of monthly management reports, reported under GAAP standards for the individual legal entities
- Balance sheet reconciliations, involving but not limited to overseeing the Accounts Payable process as well as Accounts Receivable
- Maintain detailed listings of the contents of all balance sheet accounts
- Involvement in budgeting and forecasting process
- Contribute in continuous improvement of work flow processes and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Assist auditors with audit processes
- Assist in the production of annual financial statements
- Assist in writing footnotes to the financial statements
- Other ad hoc duties that are relevant to the financial reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, auditing or Finance
- Strong academic record
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- Preferably holding a qualified Accountant degree (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Proven knowledge of GAAP, practices, standards, laws and regulations pertaining to legal entity reporting Experienced computer skills with Navision 2018, MS Office, and in particular advanced excel skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written in English
- Experience with reporting intercompany transactions within a consolidated group is seen as a plus
- Experience in hospitality is considered a plus
- Ability to work under pressure and dedicated for the team to meet its deadlines
- Excellent time management and organisational skills and committed to become a team player
- Understand how to prioritise work flow processes and communicate such priorities amongst team members and leader
- High level of honesty, integrity, commitment and responsibility
- Ability to resolve problems and conflicts in a professional and tactful manner
MOXY Hotels Together with Marriott and Vastint, Belvar has developed Europe’s newest hotel brand. MOXY hotels is designed to capture the rapidly emerging next-generation traveller. The brand combines contemporary, stylish design, approachable service, latest technology and, most importantly, an affordable price. It’s the new way of travelling!
Marriott International, Inc. is a leading global lodging company with more than 6,500 properties across 127 countries and territories, reporting revenues of more than $22 billion in fiscal year 2017. Founded by J. Willard and Alice Marriott and guided by family leadership for 90 years, the company is headquartered outside of Washington, D.C. in Bethesda, Maryland.
Our office in Amsterdam has 35 employees of 16 different nationalities. We will not sponsor work permits.