- Hettenheuvelweg, 1101 Amsterdam-Zuidoost, Netherlands
Belvar is a hotel management and development Company, operating a portfolio of 14 hotels at prime locations across Europe, with 14 additional hotels scheduled to open in 2018-19. Belvar operates today 3 Courtyard by Marriott and 11 MOXY hotels in franchise agreement with Marriott International. Our team consists of experienced hoteliers, who support our real estate partner (VASTINT) within the entire process of founding and operating a brand-new hotel chain called MOXY Hotels. Marriott selected Belvar to be the first and preferred operator of MOXY Hotels, with a target of opening 150 MOXY hotels within the next 10 years.
We search for energetic, motivated and creative people to join our fun and spirited centralised shared services team. Together with Marriott International we offer you the opportunity to work with the leading hospitality company in the world with great opportunities for training and career development.
For our central office in Amsterdam which we call “the Lab” we are looking for an experienced
with a keen eye out for detail who will help us move forwards in our growth.
The Group Accountant will have the responsibility for the Group’s consolidated management and annual accounts and will have significant involvement with the business controlling team in the analysis and review of the Group’s European subsidiaries. The role will work closely with the Group CFO, Financial and Business Controllers.
Responsibilities include determining financial status to deliver timely and accurate monthly management reports by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analysing, verifying and reporting financial information. The Group Accountant controls the financial controlling team and accountants, reports directly to the CFO in Oslo and works closely with our treasury, payroll, business controllers and other departments at our shared service centre in Amsterdam. While the pace of the work is fast, quality is never compromised. The work requires making decisions that support company guidelines authoritatively and quickly.
- Manage and oversee the accounting and financial controlling function of the Belvar group
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly group management accounts and annual fiscal, which is reported under GAAP standards for both the individual legal entities and the consolidation of the group
- Manage and guide team members on any relevant management and statutory reporting requirements
- Balance sheet reconciliations, involving but not limited to overseeing the Accounts Payable process as well as Accounts Receivable
- Involvement in budgeting and forecasting process
- Continuously improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Help bring together the different elements that drive efficiencies for our Shared Service Centre
- Give subordinates structured opportunity to develop their own expertise and capability for quality work to assure effective delegation and shared responsibility for deliverables
- Work closely with auditors and tax consultants for the preparation and filing of the statutory reports (Tax returns, financials etc.)
- Regular visits to understand how the business model works and the organisational setup
- Other Ad hoc duties that are relevant to the financial reporting
- MSc degree in Accounting, Auditing or Finance
- Strong academic record
- Preferably holding a qualified Accountant degree (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- More than 6 years of experience as Accounting Manager, ideally in one of the big 5 accounting firms
- Proven knowledge of GAAP accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations pertaining to legal entity and consolidated group reporting
- Proven record with handling annual audit of fiscal reporting
- Advanced computer skills with Navision 2018, MS Office, and in particular advanced excel skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Ability to work well under pressure, working accurately with attention to detail, and meeting deadlines
- Confident communication skills
- Willingness to travel and ability to be flexible
- Sense of urgency when necessary
- Demonstrating values of integrity, quality and caution, high attention to detail and accuracy
- Work well within organisational systems and technology
- Able to train others and to make correct and timely execute on decisions made
- Ability to direct and supervise
MOXY Hotels Together with Marriott and Vastint, Belvar has developed Europe’s newest hotel brand. MOXY hotels is designed to capture the rapidly emerging next-generation traveller. The brand combines contemporary, stylish design, approachable service, latest technology and, most importantly, an affordable price. It’s the new way of travelling!
Marriott International, Inc. is a leading global lodging company with more than 6,500 properties across 127 countries and territories, reporting revenues of more than $22 billion in fiscal year 2017. Founded by J. Willard and Alice Marriott and guided by family leadership for 90 years, the company is headquartered outside of Washington, D.C. in Bethesda, Maryland.
Our office in Amsterdam has 35 employees of 16 different nationalities. We will not sponsor work permits.