- Hettenheuvelweg, 1101 Amsterdam-Zuidoost, Netherlands
Belvar is a hotel management and development Company. Belvar operates hotels in franchise agreement with Marriott International (Courtyard and MOXY hotels). Our team consists of experienced hoteliers, who support our real estate partner (VASTINT) within the entire process of founding and operating hotels. Our goal is to achieve long-term success to every single project.
The IT Manager is part of the Business Unit Belvar Development. Our HQ is based in Amsterdam - but you will work with all our hotels accross europe. You will be a part of a small team working to support our different business units with pre-opening, operations and administrative departements. We work in a tight team with individual experts - were we support each other to achieve our goal.
As our IT Manager, you will provide leadership within IT and Telecom to the units and properties within Belvar. Also including effectively communicating, managing and delivering procedures that comply with corporate, brand IT and telecom standards.
Plan, coordinate, design and execute quality systems and operational activities that enhance guests’ experience of service and value. Strengthen the productivity and profitability of Belvar’s hotel operations through reliable and stable technology solutions. Provide direction for technology systems activities and capital investments to support corporate business strategies.
- Overall management of Belvar’s IT, with focus on standardisation and synergy of existing technologies with focus on reliable and stable solutions.
- Contribute with knowledge and experience to the organisation.
- Maintain data quality through effective collaborating with key department stakeholders to establish policies and procedures.
- Lead the implementation of technology solutions for all new development projects.
- Establish appropriate quality, financial and security controls on resources to assure effective and efficient use of information technology - wide meeting security standards and compliance regulations.
- Stay up to date with developments in technology, the hospitality industry and its suppliers and competitors’ capabilities - advise other senior managers of competitive implications and opportunities to improve service and/or profitability.
- Create and implement the procedures to make sure the infrastructure is according to GDPR.
- Identify, evaluate and implement all corporate and hotel-based technologies, standardising system use throughout the organisation.
- Manage implementation for executing business requirements through effective software development methodology.
- Assure cost-effective systems support for the company’s business operations. Review hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts and pursue master agreements.
- Maximise the value information systems adds to the company and its customers.
- Communication with suppliers and other partners to maintain a good relationship.
- Considerable knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting and business office operations.
- Substantial experience and skills established of data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems.
- Knowledge of systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Ability to communicate in non-technical terms to business stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively in a coordinating role across multiple disciplines and diverse environments, a strong, open and collaborative work style, and a service-orientated attitude.
- Proven ability to negotiate contracts with IT vendors and consultants.
- Demonstrates initiative, dependability and accountability.
- Demonstrates creativity in solving problems or generating improvement ideas.
- Self-motivated time management.
- Supports and maintains positive attitude and vision with peers, associates, and management.
- Ability to prioritise competing or conflicting requests and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Extensive written and oral communication skills.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in technology field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Hospitality industry.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working closely with Project Stakeholders, Executive Management, and front-line associates to determine requirements and needs aligned to business goals and objectives.
- Must have experience in supervising a staff across a variety of disciplines.
- Must be experienced with 24x7 operations.
Our office in Amsterdam has 35 employees of 16 different nationalities.
The position include travel days.
We will not sponsor work permits.