International Payroll Specialist
- Hettenheuvelweg, 1101 Amsterdam-Zuidoost, Netherlands
Belvar is a hotel management and development Company. Belvar operates hotels in franchise agreement with Marriott International (Courtyard and MOXY hotels). Our team consists of experienced hoteliers, who support our real estate partner (VASTINT) within the entire process of founding and operating hotels. Our goal is to achieve long-term success to every single project.
We are looking for a Payroll Specialist to manage the payroll for our 14 hotels in Germany, United Kingdom, Belgium, Italy and the Netherlands, as well as for our office in Amsterdam.
You will collect all input, coordinate with the payroll vendor and check their output. You prepare the journal and make sure payments are made timely & accurately.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to work independently, accurately and to be able to deal with deadlines.
- Be responsible for the maintenance and preparation of payrolls;
- Be responsible for data validation and resolving discrepancies within tight deadlines;
- Manage relationships with various stakeholders and the payroll providers with a focus on the accuracy and timely receipt of payroll reports;
- Coordinate payroll approvals & payment instructions with the Finance team;
- Set up new payroll administration with opening of new hotel;
- Prepare monthly payroll journal and accrual reports;
- Ensure compliance with statutory regulations, collective labor agreements and company policies;
- Ensure the pension administration in the UK is up to date;
- Attend to payroll specific queries from employees;
- Reply to tax notices, wage orders, unemployment claims, government correspondences, and verification of employments for all entities;
- Support the Finance team with month-end close and reporting activities;
- Support various internal and external audits;
- Provide payroll feedback and data when required to support ongoing financial HR projects;
- Support HR on compensation & benefits related question.
This fulltime position is based in our office in Amsterdam.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in an international payroll environment;
- Experience with payroll of multiple European countries;
- Experience with employee time registration systems;
- Excellent communication skills in English. A second European language is very welcome (Dutch, German, Italian, French);
- Ability to take ownership of payroll processes;
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Positive attitude.
Our office in Amsterdam has 35 employees of 16 different nationalities.
We will not sponsor work permits.