- Hettenheuvelweg, 1101 Amsterdam-Zuidoost, Netherlands
Belvar is a hotel management and development Company. Belvar operates hotels in franchise agreement with Marriott International. Our team consists of experienced hoteliers, who support our real estate partner (VASTINT) within the entire process of founding and operating Hotels. Our goal is to achieve long-term success to every single project.
MOXY Hotels is Marriott’s newest brand, which opened the first hotel in Milan, Italy, September 2014. MOXY HOTELS are designed to capture the rapidly emerging next-generation traveler. The brand combines contemporary, stylish design, approachable service, latest technology and, most importantly, an affordable price. It’s the new way of travelling!
We search for energetic, motivated, creative people to join our fun and spirited finance team. Together with Marriott International we offer you the opportunity to work with the leading hospitality company in the world with great opportunities for training and career development.
For our central finance team in Amsterdam we are looking for a
Financial Controller - MOXY UK and Italy
As Controller you are responsible for implementing, directing an evaluating a sound infrastructure to ensure that the financial operation and activities of the hotel are conducted in compliance with applicable policies, standards and procedures. In addition, as Controller you must ensure adequate controls are in place to safeguard the assets of the organisation. The Controller is part of our very international finance team and will report to the Regional Financial Controller based in Amsterdam as well as to the MOXY hotel General Managers.
Main duties & functions
- Ensure compliance with hotel and accounting policies and procedures, legal requirements and contractual obligations. Utilizing internal controls, auditing and security procedures to ensure deviations are brought to the attention of the General Manager and appropriate regional management
- Periodically reporting of financial statements of the hotel. Including, but not limited to, P&L, A&L, Cash flow reports, forecasts and budgets
- Act as a business partner for general management of the hotel; provide information on the financial impact of the business decisions
- Ensure hotel is in compliance with all local tax laws
- Be involved and coordinate yearly financial audit
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Hotel Management
- A minimum of 5 years of related progressive experience in hotel accounting or related field.
- Fluent command in English – written and spoken
- Proficiency in one or more back-office and front office systems is recommended
- Must be an effective organiser, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary
- Must be able to prioritise in order to meet due dates and deadlines