Kitchen Sous Chef
- Hoogoorddreef 1, Amsterdam-Zuidoost, NH, nl
At the Courtyard Amsterdam Arena Atlas our fun, energetic and passionate associates help our guests to “Make Room For A Little Fun”. Our lobby flooded with natural light and the impressive wooden staircase in the middle makes it the place to meet and greet. The rooms designed with comfort and convenience in mind are suitable for the modern traveler. Unwind, relax or catch up with your work while using our complimentary Wi-Fi. Enjoy the taste of Scandinavia in our restaurant GåRD – Nordic Kitchen, your natural living room in the neighborhood with a terrace! Being the heart of the business district in the capital of the Netherlands, Amsterdam Zuid-Oost is just a short distance away from the vibrant center of Amsterdam. The hotel has convenient access to the Ziggo Dome, ArenA, RAI and Schiphol Airport.
Belvar is a Norwegian hotel management and development Company. Belvar operates hotels under franchise agreement with Marriott International. The team consists of experienced hoteliers that work together to support our real estate partners during the entire cycle of hotel development and to operate hotels in such a way to bring long-term success to the project.
Marriott International, Inc. is a leading global lodging company with more than 6,000 properties in 122 countries and territories, reporting revenues of more than $17 billion in fiscal year 2016. Founded by J. Willard and Alice Marriott and guided by family leadership for nearly 90 years, the company is headquartered outside of Washington, D.C. in Bethesda, Maryland.
We have a fantastic position for a Sous Chef in GaRD, our modern Scandinavian Restaurant, located in Amsterdam. The restaurant serves quality and seasonal food in an informal and relaxed environment . The menu consists dishes inspired by traditions of Norway, Sweden and Denmark. Our ingredients are sourced locally with an emphasis on real quality.
As a Sous Chef you will be leading our team of chefs to ensure that dishes are prepared and cooked according to the GaRD standards. You will take care of orders. You will be in charge of service and make sure the food served is on high quality standards.
The ideal candidate will have to have:
a) real passion for food
b) flexibility and creativity
c) team spirit
d) experience working in fast paced and high volume restaurant in a Chef de Partie position.
• Preparation of dishes in alliance with set procedures and recipes
• Reviewing of ingredients and deliveries to make sure all products are top-notch
• Monitoring waste and portion
• Be a helping hand and creative brain for the Executive Sous-Chef & Head Chef
• Up to date regarding all hygienic rules, safety rules and all HACCP regulations
• Fluent in English
• Interested in all areas in the kitchen
• 2 to 3 years of experience
• Highly ambitious to grow within the company
• Adaptive to every situation in hospitality
• Well organized, clean chef and resistant to stress!
- Training and development opportunities
- Social activities
- Special room rates in Marriott hotels worldwide for you, your family and
- Travel allowance will be partly compensated when you live more than 5 km away
from the hotel
- And more…
For additional information about or hotel, please visit www.marriott.com/amsaa and http://www.gard-nordickitchen.com/nl/amsterdam/