- Hettenheuvelweg, Amsterdam, NH, nl
Belvar is a hotel management and development Company. Belvar operates Courtyard by Marriott and Moxy hotels in franchise agreement with Marriott International. Our team consists of experienced hoteliers, who support our real estate partner (VASTINT) within the entire process of founding and operating a brand-new hotel chain called MOXY Hotels. Our goal is to achieve long-term success to every single project.
We search for energetic, motivated, creative people to join our fun and spirited central team. Together with Marriott International we offer you the opportunity to work with the leading hospitality company in the world with great opportunities for training and career development.
For our central office in Amsterdam which we call “the Lab” we are looking for an experienced
with a keen eye for detail who will help us move forwards in our growth.
• Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department
• Manage accounting and financial reporting of Belvar (10 legal entities)
• Manage statutory requirements
• Manage multi-currency intercompany accounts
• Oversee the Accounts Payable process as well as Accounts Receivable
• Work with the auditors and tax consultants for the preparation and filing of the statutory compliance reports (Tax returns, financials etc.)
• Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
• Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
• Balance sheet reconciliations
• Preparation of European VAT returns and Intrastat reporting
• Help bring together the different elements that drive efficiencies for our Shared Service Center
• Give subordinates structured opportunity to develop their own expertise and capability for quality work to assure effective delegation and shared responsibility for work output
• BS degree in Accounting or Finance
• Proven working experience as Accounting Manager or Finance Manager
• Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
• Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software Navision and databases
• Fluency in spoken and written English
• Specialized technical and eexpertise-based problem-solving style
• Sense of urgency
• Work well within approved organizational systems and technology
• Demonstrating values of integrity, quality and caution, high attention to detail and accuracy
• Able to train others to make correct decisions
• Ability to direct and supervise
MOXY Hotels is Marriott’s newest brand, which opened the first hotel in Milan, Italy, September 2014. MOXY hotels are designed to capture the rapidly emerging next-generation traveler. The brand combines contemporary, stylish design, approachable service, latest technology and, most importantly, an affordable price. It’s the new way of travelling!
Marriott International, Inc. is a leading global lodging company with more than 6,000 properties in 122 countries and territories, reporting revenues of more than $17 billion in fiscal year 2016. Founded by J. Willard and Alice Marriott and guided by family leadership for nearly 90 years, the company is headquartered outside of Washington, D.C. in Bethesda, Maryland.