Financial Clerk – Accounts Payable
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
Belvar is a hotel management and development Company. Belvar operates Courtyard by Marriott and Moxy hotels in franchise agreement with Marriott International. Our team consists of experienced hoteliers, who support our real estate partner (VASTINT) within the entire process of founding and operating a brand new hotel chain called MOXY Hotels. Our goal is to achieve long-term success to every single project.
Marriott International, Inc. is a global leading lodging company with more than 4,200 properties in 79 countries and territories. Marriott International reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Founded by J. Willard and Alice Marriott and guided by Marriott family leadership for nearly 90 years, the company is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, USA.
Purchase to Pay, the mission of the Financial Clerk - Accounts Payable is to ensure the accuracy, reliability and integrity of the Accounts Payable processes and related accounts. Within this mission is the responsibility to support and implement an effective system of internal controls and to ensure compliance with Belvar policies and procedures and any applicable laws and regulations, including generally accepted accounting principles. Finally, the expectation of this role is to work with the business and other functions within the organisation in the Purchase-to-Pay process to identify opportunities to improve the process.
MAIN DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
The Financial Clerk - Accounts Payable performs responsibilities related to the processing and payment of vendor invoices. These responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. Note that responsibilities may be added or removed as deemed necessary based on the needs of the business.
- Ensure all invoices are posted in a timely manner
- Ensure appropriate approvals for disbursements are obtained prior to making payments
- Ensure transactions are posted to the correct accounts and accurately reflect the business purpose of the transaction
- Ensure invoices are paid on time
- Ensure all transactions are appropriately documented before authorizing payment
- Ensure all disbursements are in compliance with local policies, laws and regulations
- Ensure expense claims are processed and paid timely
- Work closely with the team to resolve issues and to identify and correct root causes of errors within the department
- Liaise with relevant parties (buyers, requestors and suppliers, etc.) to resolve critical invoice discrepancies
- Ensures an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Collaborates with the other departments to support overall goals and objectives
- Protects organisation's value by keeping information confidential
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Hospitality, Finance or closely related field is a plus
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written in English
- Familiar with Microsoft Navigation
The ideal candidate will have minimum 1-year relevant experience in accounting, accounts payable and will be interested in making his/her 1st step into financial operations.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to establish and communicate priorities
- High level of honesty, integrity, commitment and responsibility
- Able to resolve problems and conflicts and a professional and tactful manner