Group Desk Coordinator (German Speaking)
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
Belvar is a hotel management and development Company. Belvar operates Courtyard by Marriott and Moxy hotels in franchise agreement with Marriott International. Our team consists of experienced hoteliers, who support our real estate partner (VASTINT) within the entire process of founding and operating a brand new hotel chain called MOXY Hotels. Our goal is to achieve long-term success to every single project.
MOXY Hotels is Marriott’s newest brand, which opened the first hotel in Milan, Italy, September 2014. MOXY HOTELS are designed to capture the rapidly emerging next-generation traveler. The brand combines contemporary, stylish design, approachable service, latest technology and, most importantly, an affordable price. It’s the new way of travelling!
Marriott International, Inc. is a global leading lodging company with more than 4,200 properties in 79 countries and territories. Marriott International reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Founded by J. Willard and Alice Marriott and guided by Marriott family leadership for nearly 90 years, the company is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, USA.
Belvar would like to welcome YOU to the exciting world of MOXY!
We search for energetic, motivated, creative people to join our fun and spirited central team. Together with Marriott International we offer you the opportunity to work with the leading hospitality company in the world with great opportunities for training and career development.
For our central office in Amsterdam which we call “the Lab” we are looking for a
GROUP DESK COORDINATOR (German Speaking)
The Group Desk Coordinator handles customer inquiries and lead requests for groups within predefined parameters. Works with customers to align customer requirements and actively up-sell each business opportunity to maximize revenues and drive customer loyalty. Verifies that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. Maintains customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience. Processes business correspondence and create contracts and other related booking documentation as required. Demonstrates selling skills, polite communication skills, and a detailed understanding of property operations, food and beverage, and planning.
SUMMARY OF TASKS
Managing Group Sales Activities
Responsible for managing and execution of the difference phases in group sales as established by Belvar. This includes the following:
- Collects business inquiries from SFA Web / One Sources
- Handles customer inquiries and lead requests for groups within predefined parameters
- Works with customers to align customer preferences with brand needs and actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenues and drive customer loyalty
- Verifies that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery
- Maintains customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience
- Processes business correspondence, creates contracts, handover documents, billing and other related booking documentation as required
- Verifies that business booked is within hotel parameters
- Closes the best opportunities for each property based on market conditions and individual property needs
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked including systems management
- Transfers accurate, complete, and timely information to property in accordance with company standards
- Actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue for individual properties
- Follows up on opportunities uncovered by business development.
Managing Business Goals
- Effectively leverages other Group Sales resources and administrative/support staff to achieve personal and team related revenue goals.
- Understands the overall market (e.g., competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand) and how to sell against them.
- Bachelor or Associate Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
- or: High school diploma or GED; 2 years’ experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area
- Fluent command in English and German
- Knowledge of the group sales process
- A steady team player who pays attention to detail
- Affinity with Moxy DIY Concept and next generation travelers.
This position is for 32-40 hours a week.