- 110 Belmont Rd, Madison, WI 53714, USA
Belmont Nursing and Rehabilitation Center has been serving the changing healthcare needs of individuals in the Madison area for more than 30 years. With 90 skilled nursing beds, we offer comprehensive long-term and short-term care options for individuals in need of 24-hour skilled nursing care or rehabilitative care after surgery or other illness. We also offer a unique care option for those with Alzheimer's or other dementia-related conditions. Through all of these programs, we’re committed to a tradition of compassionate care that we call Caring Above and Beyond.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position is responsible for the preparation of food on a large scale basis according to specific policies, procedures, menus and standardized recipes. Responsibilities include preparing ingredients, cleaning the cooking area and serving food on a tray assembly line. This position may act as a lead worker to Dietary Aides.
COMMON CORE ROLES
· Commitment to the Mission, Vision, Values
o Exhibits attitudes and behaviors that show a commitment to meeting and exceeding customer expectations at all times
o Demonstrates commitment to the core values of hospitality, stewardship, integrity, respect, and humor.
o Utilize the mission, vision, and values to determine priorities.
· Customer Experience
o Provides exceptional customer service to residents, families, and co-workers on a daily basis by:
§ Listening attentively, empathetically and following up to concerns expressed by residents, families, and coworkers.
o Maintains professionalism and composure when interacting with management, employees, residents and families by:
§ Complying with all privacy policies and procedures.
§ Being inclusive and respectful.
§ Working well with others.
o Effectively presents and communicates information and responds to questions from co-workers, residents, families, state auditors and the general public as deemed appropriate for the position.
· Quality of Care
o Accurately and timely completes position specific core roles and responsibilities that impact overall quality of care.
o Ensures that residents receive the best care possible by encouraging open communication with the management team, direct care personnel, residents and families.
o Basic comprehension of 5-star rating and how it relates to position specific roles and responsibilities.
o Follows all community policies and procedures related to investigating, reporting and preventing abuse of vulnerable adults.
KEY POSITION SPECIFIC ROLES & RESPONSIBILTIES
· Prepare food according to diet standards, therapeutic needs, recipes and food production sheets.
· Ensure all food is cooked and presented in an attractive and palliative way.
· Responsible for accurately weighing, measuring and properly using recipes in producing a standard product.
· Demonstrate a conscientious attitude in daily operations through portion control and eliminating waste.
· Perform food production work efficiently, while monitoring a neat and sanitary work area.
· Ensure portion control of all items is per resident’s orders and preferences.
· Ensure temperature of all food items is per standards and is recorded for compliance.
· Promptly report malfunctioning equipment or food shortages.
· Ensures a clean, orderly, and efficient kitchen when working.
· Assist in training and orientating of new personal.
· Act as the subject matter expert in the dietary department / kitchen- may oversee and train others engaged in food preparation activities.
· As needed, assist in dining room (washing dishes, pots, pans, utensils) cleaning the area and restocking.
· Follow procedures and guidelines in food cooling, hot food holding and prevention of cross contamination.
· Ability to modify a recipe to meet the needs of restricted diets or numbers to be served.
· Maintain an accurate stock count / stock control.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Language / Communication Skills
o Ability to read, write, speak, listen and understand the English language.
o Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
o Ability to effectively present and communicate information and respond to questions.
· Reasoning Ability
o Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
o Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Computer Skills
o Computer proficiency with software programs and the ability to learn new computer technology and programs.
· Mathematical Skills
o Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Basic knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation.
· Social Perceptiveness
- Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
o High school diploma or equivalent.
o One to two (1-2) years of experience as a cook or an equivalent position.
o Experience in cleaning, maintaining sanitary environments and large scale food production.
· Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Must be willing to work towards a hygiene / cook / dietary certification.
· Availability & Attendance
o Flexible work schedule (mornings, afternoons, nights, weekends, holidays, etc.)
o Follows all attendance policies and procedures, including proper timeclock usage.
o Compliance with infectious disease policies and procedures.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.