Equipment Engineer - Industrial
- Belmont Avenue, Brooklyn, NY
Belmont Metals Inc. is a manufacturer of Non-Ferrous Metals and Alloys.
We have been serving the Non Ferrous Markets Internationally since 1896.
Maintain and develop plans for capital improvements at active manufacturing facility. Oversee maintinence of current equipemnt and facillities and work with production team on developing optimized production methods. Administer PM System throughout facility and manage installation and ramp up of new machinery.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLILITES
- Implement & support manufacturing (develop line designs based upon projected customer demand, incorporate safety and ergonomic factors, electronic data presentation and tracking, progressive quality checks, etc.)
- Collaborate on continuous improvement efforts associated with manufacturing processes
- Utilize metrics and data to perform root cause identification and implement root cause corrective actions.
- Spearheading advanced maintenance projects as they arise
- Identifying and sourcing specific parts required for machine augmentation or repair
- BS/MS degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering Preferred
- BS/MS degree in Manufacturing/Industrial Engineer will be considered
- 2-5 years of experience preferred
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Exposure to Time/Methods Study Techniques
- Innovative problem solver who is action oriented self starter
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes a retirement plan, dental insurance, medical insurance, prescription drug coverage, life insurance, paid sick time, casual dress, paid company holidays, free parking, and paid vacations.
*Belmont Metals Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Pre-employment drug screening required. All resumes are held in confidence. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Principals only. Relocation costs not covered by employer
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.