Social Media Coordinator - Africa
- Johannesburg, South Africa
Reporting to the Heads of TuneCore in Africa and supporting the Central Marketing Team, the Social Media Coordinator Africa will be based in Johannesburg and will have the opportunity to help build the strategy for the launch and development of TuneCore’s localized Instagram channel, to support key markets like South Africa, Nigeria, Ghana and Kenya.
S/he will assist with competitive intelligence, handle artist and community management promptly, help increase engagement of our community, help build brand awareness, and execute administrative duties as needed.
S/he will create the social media content calendar for our African market, and liaise with the Heads of TuneCore based in Johannesburg, SA & Lagos, Nigeria, and Central Marketing Team to develop localized social campaigns and concepts, to drive market growth through awareness, acquisition, loyalty and advocacy.
Important: Initially this is a position for 3 months period
The tasks and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Obtain a comprehensive knowledge of TuneCore’s offering.
- Monitor competitors on a regular basis and report on new features and services.
- Assist in ad-hoc competitive analysis.
- Monitor current trends on Instagram and further social networks.
· Collaborate with Country Manager, Sr. Director of Brand Marketing & team, Social Media Manager and Head of TuneCore to develop and execute strategies and optimize local campaign initiatives.
· Research relevant artists for the TuneCore family.
· Follow, like & comment on target group relevant content on all platforms, to increase awareness of TuneCore countries socials
· Build and support the launch of the TuneCore Africa Instagram channel.
· Community management and content creation for social media
- Launch and manage Africa Instagram account within Q4 2021 and/or Q1 2022.
- Assist with project plans and deliverables for social media contests.
- Assist with reaching out to artists and answering messages
- Data management for an overview of best performing artists.
- Support Head of TuneCore efforts as needed.
- Support ad-hoc tasks as they relate to events and sponsorships.
- Help with any other administrative tasks as needed.
- Strong understanding of the independent artists music community landscape
- Enthusiasm in and a clear knowledge of the music scene in Africa especially in key markets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized individual.
- Strong understanding of content narrative and storytelling across social.
- Creative thinker with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Proficiency in using social media software and tools.
- Strong understanding of the social media landscape across Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok, Reddit and Twitter.
- Experience planning, building and analyzing digital marketing campaigns.
- Fluent in English
- Experience with design tools including Photoshop, Final Cut, InDesign a plus.
- Background in the music industry
- Previous digital marketing /social media experience.
- Interest and enthusiasm in African music scene.
· University degree