Technical Release Manager
- New York, NY, USA
TuneCore Engineering develops web applications in the music space supporting our talented customers and internal operations. As a Technical Release Manager, you will be the scrum master/project manager for 2 scrum teams as as well as coordinate technical releases that benefit our core business and talented end-users. You will interact with internal stakeholders, product managers, engineers as part of managing projects to the finish line. Our unique role crosses from the arena of managing process and delivery into the technical arena of CI/CD release management.
We’re looking for a tech-savvy release manager to help drive the evolution of our web platform in coordination with our engineering team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in agile (scrum) project management for delivery on the web, have some experience in a technical capacity, be an excellent communicator, and possess a keen mind for optimizing process and workflows.
o Cultivate broad expertise in the team's subject matter, including business and technical systems supporting them.
o Manage a daily stand-up, bi-weekly sprint planning/poker, and other project related rituals with a self- motivated drive to succeed.
o Oversee and coordinate release and build automation, CI/CD or related functions
o Actively identify technical or process improvement opportunities, and partner with Engineering to implement them.
o Assist team in problem identification and employ mitigation strategies for technical risks.
o Facilitate timely communications to stakeholders in planning, tracking, documentation and status updates for the portfolio.
o Ensure that decisions and outstanding tasks as they relate to projects are properly documented.
o Coordinate with Product managers on the final roadmap and backlog for technology initiatives.
o Employ Work Breakdown Structures to strategize an optimal approach to projects.
o Deliver projects aiming for high quality.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related discipline or equivalent work experience.
· Ideally, 1-2 years of experience with software engineering or CD/CI release management experience with Jenkins, AWS pipeline or equivalent
· Must have more than 3-5 years of experience working within technical project management delivering agile projects designed for the web
· Demonstrated experience with Work Breakdown Structures approach to projects
· Significant exposure to project systems like JIRA and a keen sense of how to optimize its usage to deliver
· Strong communication skills & attention to detail with the ability to
· interact with stakeholders and vendors reporting roadmaps, status and risks
· Ability to perform under pressure with a sense of humor
· Possess team-building, motivating, and conflict-resolving qualities
· Working knowledge of the basics of web delivery and the underlying systems in order to get a project out the door
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline preferred
Believe is committed to ensuring equal opportunities in employment, regardless of origin, sex, morals, sexual orientation, gender, age, family status pregnancy, race, political opinions, trade union activities, religious beliefs, physical appearance, family name, place of residence, state of health, or disability.