Sr. Software Engineer
- New York, NY, USA
TuneCore Engineering develops web applications supporting our talented customers and internal operations. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work within a small engineering team building experiences that benefit our core business and end-users in the music space. You will interact with internal stakeholders, product managers as part of requirement gathering and issue diagnosis.
We’re looking for an engineer to help drive the evolution of our web platform under the leadership of a technical lead. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in object oriented and functional software architecture, be an excellent communicator, and will work very well in a collaborative agile environment.
● Believe in quality as a first level concern
● Cultivate expertise in TuneCore’s frameworks, CMS, and other supporting technology components
● Write clean, well-tested, reusable code
● Engage in technical design and code reviews
● Design and create relational database schemas
● Proactivity and passion for solving business problems with automation
● Maintain existing application platforms, and look for opportunities to improve them
● Keep abreast of new technologies, and be willing to present them to the technical staff
● Mentor and teach, learn and willing to be mentored
● Contribute to a dynamic environment of collaboration
● Bring an ethos of craft to your code
● Support training and documentation as it relates to projects and code.
● Experience joy when debating the pros and cons of Cloud Computing, Virtualization, MVC frameworks, NoSQL Databases, Agile Development, The UNIX Way, MIT Open Source License, RESTful APIs.
● BS or BA degree, or higher
● Demonstrated experience working with relational databases (write, optimize and troubleshoot complex SQL queries)
● Demonstrated System Design experience and ability to question the validity of current solutions
● Comfortable translating Business and Design requirements into working/efficient/modern HTML/DOM and CSS.
● Familiarity with agile development practices
● Familiarity with Linux/Unix environments and scripting in those environments
● Strong communication skills and attention to detail with the ability to interact with stakeholders and vendors
● Ability to perform under pressure
● Mobile web development experience
● Comfortable with Git and Github
● Experience building and maintaining high volume multi-tier website applications
● Knowledge of DevOps (AWS, Docker, Redis, etc) is a plus
● NOSQL, GraphQL experience is a plus
● Background in Python is a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.