- New York, NY, USA
TuneCore is seeking a qualified candidate who thrives in fast-paced environments and is able to provide impactful solutions for all business needs. The ideal candidate will be responsible for building complex reports through the segmentation and analysis of large datasets in a complex data environment. They will additionally be fulfilling ad-hoc data requests within tight deadlines and are preferably comfortable working with financial and marketing data. They will report to the Data Team and work in a cross-functional capacity supporting all internal departments, including, but not limited to Marketing, Product, Business Development, Tech & Operations.
- The tasks and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Create, maintain, and improve upon new and existing reports in order to extract actionable insights and make recommendations that will drive decisions across the business
- Extract, transform, cleanse and synthesize data from a variety of data sources
- Fulfill ad-hoc requests and communicate results to stakeholders and related teams
- Liaise between multiple departments to develop reports relating to marketing, finance, product performance, and consumer behavior across all products
- Validate and own accuracy and integrity of data results.
- Additional responsibilities will include oversight and improvement of existing ETL
- processes along with the in-house dev-ops team.
- Some coursework or experience in Accounting/Finance/Marketing is a plus
- 1 - 3 years of proven work experience as a data analyst or business data analyst in a professional fast-paced environment outside of Bootcamp or internship.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize and analyze significant amounts of data with attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages such as Python, R, Excel, SPSS, SAS, etc. for analyzing datasets.
- Proficiency in SQL and in-depth knowledge of common RDBMS systems such as MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL
- Some amount of experience using BI tools such as Tableau, QlikView, Looker, Power BI, etc. is desirable.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Should be self-motivated and be able to provide creative solutions in a rapidly changing environment.
- Desire to work in a small to medium business environment and improve processes, procedures, and controls through redesign and/or automated solutions
- Knowledge of: SQL, MS Excel, MS Access, RDBMS Concepts,
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science
· Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.