Fraud Prevention Specialist - E-Commerce
- New York, NY, USA
TuneCore is looking for a dynamic, detail-oriented Fraud Prevention Specialist to join the team. As a Fraud Prevention Specialist, you will investigate TuneCore accounts for abnormal or suspicious behavior relating to account creation and distribution, monitor streaming and download reports for artificial or abusive trends, review the withdrawal of sales revenue from accounts, and communicate directly with clients to ensure the reduction of fraudulent activity.
- Identify trends and key insights to help minimize fraud, including but not limited to reports of artificial streaming or streaming fraud/abuse, suspicious account creation, copyright infringement.
· Review (approve or reject) customer withdrawal requests and evaluate withdrawals for suspicious and malicious activity.
· Research and find patterns to prevent unsanctioned activity. Investigate potential occurrences of unsanctioned activity and report to management.
· Communicate with customers, by email and phone, regarding potentially fraudulent activity.
· Provide reporting on customer and product issues.
· Work with a team on special projects as needed.
· Report technical and communication issues to better service TuneCore artists.
· Maintain accurate documentation of all activity.
· Perform other duties as assigned by management.
· At least one year of experience working in an office and/or customer service in-person, via telephone, and/or via email.
· Previous experience in a fraud prevention role a plus
· BA/BS preferred.
· Very strong communications skills: written, verbal and interpersonal.
· Understand the importance of excellent customer service, including in-person, via telephone and via email.
· Can manage time effectively and prioritize workload.
· Discerning eye and ear for audio and visual content and meticulous attention to detail.
· The ability to work well independently, and as part of a team.
· Understanding of the digital music industry, including familiarity with digital music services.
· Extensive music knowledge and a willingness to keep up to date with current music trends (i.e., will study the charts every Monday morning). Should have a sharp memory.
· A self-starter and quick learner with a strong desire to excel and flexibility to succeed in innovative, sometimes ambiguous situations.
· Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.