AP & AR Specialist - E-Commerce
- New York, NY, USA
Believe is above all a passion for music, tech, and digital marketing, shared by over 1,200 talented people in more than 45 countries. It is a visionary and entrepreneurial spirit that drives us and makes us a world leader in the digital distribution of music.
Believe is a tribe of experts who successfully meet the challenges of the transformation of our music industry every day. It’s an adventure, a human adventure, and one that is propitious and stimulating for all of us.
Finally, Believe is a story that began in 2005 and that we must continue to narrate, now, and with you. Believe's mission is to develop labels and artists in the most suitable way, at each stage of their career and development. In all local markets around the world. With respect, expertise, fairness and transparency.
The AP & AR Specialist plays a key role working with multiple teams across the company to help ensure proper processes and controls are in place while ensuring timely payments of vendor invoices.
· Verify and process AP/AR invoices into General Ledger in a timely and accurate manner
· Obtain proper information and data regarding account classifications for invoice payments and manage approval process of invoices as well as payments
· Prepare weekly ACH payments and payments runs
· Maintain vendor / customer records
· Maintain/create documentation of policies and procedures
· Enter Journal Entries as assigned as well as other data entry as needed
· Respond to internal and external AP inquiries
· Assist with monthly close and reconciliations
· Perform ad-hoc financial analysis as needed
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related area
· 1-2 years of accounting/audit experience
· Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
· Strong organizational and analytical skills
· Intermediate to advanced excel skills
· Experience with Oracle or similar financial accounting system
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.