Sr. Marketing Data Analyst
- New York, NY, USA
TuneCore is seeking a qualified candidate who thrives in fast-paced environments and can provide impactful solutions for all business needs. This Senior Marketing Analyst will report jointly to the Director of Data Analytics and the Sr. Director of Client Marketing and will work with all areas of the marketing and international team to uncover opportunities and insights to inform business decisions made by the team.
The ideal candidate will be curious, thoughtful, and excited to make an impact in helping artists from around the world grow their independent music careers. They will be responsible for building robust reports through segmentation and analysis of large datasets in a complex data environment. They will additionally be fulfilling ad-hoc data requests and are comfortable working with transactional and marketing data. They should thrive to make an impact, provide thoughtful decision-making, and drive data analysis from problem identification to recommendations.
The tasks and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
Analysis & Reporting
o Create and publish easily accessible and digestible performance reports in Excel and Tableau that track KPIs and ROI; present findings and recommendations during performance meetings.
o Utilize data from several marketing platforms to make ongoing recommendations and optimizations to campaigns.
o Design and execute cross-sectional and cohort studies of acquisition and retention marketing campaigns.
o Monitor and analyze customer targeting and segmentation across all marketing channels (including on-site, email, social, influencer, affiliate, video, paid and offline) and make recommendations for optimizations.
o Create, maintain, and improve upon new and existing reporting/analysis in order extract actionable insights and make decisive recommendations that will drive decisions across the business.
o Be the team lead on all aspects of Google Analytics, from set-up to analysis. Make recommendations intended to increase traffic, conversions and revenue.
Data Integrity & Tracking
o Monitor data integrity within reports and work with teams to troubleshoot discrepancies.
o Continually review and make recommendations for the improvement of our tracking and technology in order to build a more quantitative and data-driven approach to customer marketing.
o Demonstrate strong business and analytical acumen when reviewing data for inconsistencies or anomalies that could skew analytical results.
o Extract, transform, cleanse and synthesize data from a variety of data sources. Validate and own accuracy and integrity of data results.
o Document processes, workflows, and data models with an eye for improvement.
o Create channel-specific forecasting models to be used during the annual budgeting process.
o Develop processes to update these forecasts monthly in a semi-automated way.
o Model the expected impact from various initiatives across the company and integrate these projections into revenue and customer forecasts.
· 4+ years of experience in an analytic based role in an eCommerce environment with a focus on digital marketing analytics.
· Experience with MS Excel, R/Python, Google Analytics, & Google Ads
· Experience with financial modeling/forecasts a plus.
· Proficiency in SQL and in-depth knowledge of common RDBMS systems such as MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL.
· Some amount of experience using BI tools such as Tableau, Looker, Power BI etc. is desirable.
· Ability to present & communicate complex data reports and statistics to non-technical audiences.
· A strong knowledge of the digital music industry is a plus.
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Proactive, energetic attitude and desire to work in a results-oriented and deadline-driven environment.
· Highly motivated with the ability to function independently and solve problems creatively and quickly.
- Team player and comfortable working cross-functionally across varying levels.
· Desire to learn new skills and take on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Desire to work in a small to medium business environment and improve processes, procedures and controls through redesign and/or automated solutions.
· Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.