- New York, NY, USA
TuneCore Engineering develops web applications supporting our talented customers and internal operations. As the Engineering Manager, you will help lead a small engineering team building experiences that benefit our core business and end-users in the music space. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will interact with internal stakeholders and product managers as part of requirement gathering and issue diagnosis.
We’re looking for a technology leader to help drive the evolution of our web platform. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in object oriented and functional software architecture, have experience leading teams, be an excellent communicator, and will work very well in a collaborative agile environment.
● Believe in quality as a first level concern
● Mentor, teach, and create a progressive career path for a team of 4-6 software engineers, placing an importance for learning and growth opportunities
● Cultivate expertise in TuneCore’s frameworks, CMS, and other supporting technology components
● Contribute and drive the technical strategy to maintain our position as the innovation and value leader in the music technology industry
● Engage in technical design and code reviews
● Design and optimize relational database schemas
● Proactivity and passion for solving business problems with automation
● Drive maintenance of existing application platforms, and look for opportunities to improve them
● Keep abreast of new technologies, and present them to the technical staff
● Contribute to a dynamic environment of collaboration
● Support training and documentation as it relates to projects and code
● Assist in task delegation when required
● Ensure that the team is managing and delivering their tasks effectively within sprints
● Act as the primary liaison with the Product Owner, Project Managers and design teams within projects
● Experience joy when debating the pros and cons of Cloud Computing, Virtualization, MVC frameworks, NoSQL Databases, Agile Development, The UNIX Way, MIT Open Source License, RESTful APIs
● BS or BA degree, or higher
● Demonstrated experience working with relational databases (write, optimize and troubleshoot complex SQL queries)
● Comfortable setting OKRs and managing staff career goals
● Demonstrated system design experience and ability to question the validity of current solutions
● Comfortable translating business and design requirements into scalable system design requirements
● Familiarity with agile development practices
● Familiarity with Linux/Unix environments and scripting in those environments
● Strong communication skills and attention to detail with the ability to interact with stakeholders and vendors
● Ability to perform under pressure
● Mobile web development experience
● Comfortable with Git and Github
● Experience building and maintaining high volume multi-tier website applications in a team leadership capacity
● Experience in DevOps (AWS, Docker, Redis, etc)
● NOSQL, GraphQL experience is a plus
● Background in Python is a plus.
· Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.