- New York, NY, USA
TuneCore, owned by Believe, is the global platform for independent musicians to build audiences and careers -- with technology and services across distribution, publishing administration and a range of promotional services.
“The thousands of artists who use our solutions and whom we support each carry a part of the diversity that makes up the culture of their country. They are women and men of different origins and sensibilities. Our teams must reflect this diversity in their composition. We always say that we have two hearts: our people and our artists and they must beat in tune with each other.”
Denis Ladegaillerie, CEO
WHY WE’RE DIFFERENT
- TuneCore Music Distribution services help artists, labels and managers sell their music through Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, YouTube Music, Deezer, TikTok and more than 150 download and streaming stores worldwide, while retaining 100 percent of their sales revenue and rights for a low annual flat fee.
- TuneCore Music Publishing Administration assists songwriters by administering their compositions through licensing, registration, worldwide royalty collections, and placement opportunities in film, TV, commercials, video games and more.
- The TuneCore Artist Services portal offers a suite of tools and services that enable artists to promote their craft, connect with fans, and get their music heard.
- TuneCore, part of Believe, is headquartered in Brooklyn, NY, with offices in Los Angeles, Nashville, Atlanta, and Austin, and global operations in the UK, Australia, Japan, Canada, Germany, France, Italy, Russia, India, Brazil as well as the LATAM, Africa and SEA markets.
TuneCore is looking for an experienced attorney to join the legal department.
o Negotiate, structure and draft commercial agreements such as: marketing agreements, sponsorship agreements, global financial technology agreements, event and festival agreements, consulting agreements, human resources agreements, real estate lease agreements and many wide-ranging MSA + SOWs.
o Draft, review and negotiate sync licenses and publishing blank licenses. Review content license agreements with Believe International. Communicate with DSP partners through renewals and amendments.
o Review, update and translate privacy policies and terms and conditions. Manage outside counsel and engage in litigation strategy, when necessary.
o Review and approve artists’ agreements to prepare for distribution.
o Handle fraud prevention escalations from the content review team. Advise the copyright infringement team on DMCA disputes.
o Advise internal departments on GDPR, copyright, and team up to create best practices for music distribution, publishing administration and YouTube Monetization.
● 2-4 years of music industry legal experience, preferably in-house at a distributor/ label/management company/agency, or a music/entertainment law firm.
● Strong understanding of copyright law.
● Ability to manage, and close, dozens of transactions a month, while handling long term projects as well.
● Ability to assist with traditionally non-legal assignments, collaboratively with internal departments.
· Licensed attorney
· Very strong reading and writing skills, with high levels of attention to detail.
· Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.