Associate Product Manager - E-Commerce
- New York, NY, USA
The Associate Product Manager (PM) will be responsible for creating, managing, operationalizing and tracking features and products on the E-commerce Squad critical to TuneCore’s continued market leadership with a focus on the checkout/shopping cart functionality, including payment related features as well as localization. As a PM on the e-commerce squad, you will develop and launch features specifically related to the purchase funnel as well as related localization activities. You will manage a series of products and features with a strong emphasis on user experience and manage those features from conception to launch. You will play an important role in the product team and you will work with teams across the organization.
This role requires experience in e-commerce, payment processors and localization, as well as an analytical background a focus on the user, a commitment to action-oriented analysis, and a thirst for continuous learning. The candidate must have the dual ability to be a strategic thinker and be hands-on in an evolving, entrepreneurial environment.
The tasks and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
· Drive product development, from conception to launch, of the products and product solutions associated with e-commerce systems — both consumer-facing features and back-end systems
· Define, prioritize, and communicate short and long-term product goals
· Develop an understanding of customers by conducting research, data analysis, customer interviews, and usability testing, as necessary
· Partner with engineering, marketing, finance and customer operations to bring new products and features to market, including activities like launch messaging and customer support.
· Identify and track essential qualitative and quantitative metrics for evaluating the impact of the product initiatives you lead, and for informing future decisions
· Work collaboratively to ensure consistency across all TuneCore products
· Write product requirements, develop user flows and mock-ups based on stakeholder feedback.
· Define the “What” and the “Who” and manage delivery. Be able to breakdown goals and strategies into actionable deliverables and milestones
· Propose new features and products for approval by senior management, working cross-functionally to build business case and define ROI
· Manage and update product documentation such as PRDs, business requirements, use cases, user flows/stories, flows, and functional specs
· Support prioritization of feature backlog and support management of the development queue
· Assist in determining the best technical implementation methods with the engineering team, work closely with QA on acceptance testing and support product launches
· Drive metrics-based optimizations to the product —striking the right balance between fixing bugs while enhancing and launching new features
· Work with third party vendors to implement new features and manage day-to-day issues
· Proactively build knowledge base to intimately know the market, product, product line and competition
· Keeps abreast on what’s happening within the digital and music industry and proactively shares strategic insights with the leadership team
· Strong knowledge of industry best practices and competitive landscape
· 3-5 years of product management experience in a consumer-focused e-commerce environment and/or at a music-services company
· Experience with product localization and/or launching international products
· Demonstrable track record of building, launching and managing digital products and services
· Track record of e-commerce solutions with solid examples of products you have initiative, owned and delivered.
· Experience with agile methodologies
· Proven track record in working collaboratively across functional areas to drive results – can interact effectively with representatives from teams such as Finance, Technology, Operations and Marketing
· Strong technical understanding (development methodologies, phases, etc.)
· Experience with e-commerce products as a product manager and end-user
· Strong ownership, communication and presentation skills
· Ability to quickly translate and communicate complex problems or concepts
· Demonstrate thoroughness, follow-up, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
· Experience with analytics and/or ability to develop, track and iterate based on KPI’s
· Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under shifting deadlines
· Bonus points for knowledge of the digital music industry
· Exceptional communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
· BS or BA degree, or higher
· Well-rounded education of how the music industry operates.
· Experience building and delivering e-commerce products