HEAD OF TUNECORE UK M/W
- London, UK
Founded in 2005, Believe is the worldwide leader in digital audio and video distribution for independent artists and labels. It is by combining technological and artistic skills in the service of digital distribution that the Group has based its expertise and has quickly positioned itself as a new player in the music industry landscape.
With more than 1,500 employees in 50 countries, the group distributes more than a third of the world's digital music in volume and has achieved an average annual growth of 30% over the last ten years.
Believe's mission can be summed up as: "Best serve and develop all artists with care, transparency, fairness, expertise and innovation, in all local markets around the world".
Want to collaborate in a dynamic, entrepreneurial company that puts people at the center of its strategy? Believe is for you!
TuneCore is seeking an experienced Head of TuneCore, UK to oversee our United Kingdom operations and lead strategies to drive growth and market penetration in the region. S/He will represent TuneCore in the UK and will be responsible for managing brand localization, operations, strategy, reporting, competitive/market analysis, and budget management. The Head of TuneCore, UK reports to the VP of International and is responsible for establishing and growing the TuneCore brand in the region.
S/He is willing to experiment, take risks and move quickly to acquire and retain clients. The Head of TuneCore, UK must have strong written and verbal communication skills, an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for technology. S/He has strong relationship-building skills with an ability to roll up his/her sleeves to get the job done.
The tasks and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Build and manage the local strategic growth plan and budget for the UK to meet local market needs, drive growth and increase market penetration.
- Balance between short-term lead generation programs and long-term brand awareness/equity/advocacy campaigns for the market.
- Conduct and manage local competitive analysis to inform TuneCore’s product offering, marketing initiatives and localization strategy.
- Research, analyze and identify local market trends and build quarterly market reports for the UK to be shared with the Central Team, identifying local market needs and opportunities to inform localization priorities.
- Partner with the Head of Believe Arist & Distribution Services in the UK (Believe is TuneCore’s parent company) to identify, propose, implement and optimize TuneCore’s localization initiatives for the UK
- Put together KPI reports and campaign postmortems for weekly and monthly international performance reviews highlighting successes, learnings and opportunities.
- Identify, negotiate, test, launch and manage local marketing partnerships to accelerate client acquisition, build competitive advantage and grow brand awareness in the UK.
- Lead identification, implementation and management of local Artist Service partnerships. Collaborate with cross functional teams on synergies and best practices across markets. Negotiate best terms, gain competitive advantage and ensure partnerships benefit TuneCore’s defined client segments.
- Represent TuneCore at local industry events and conferences across the UK.
- Spearhead the event strategy for the UK aligning the local market and business needs with the event plan and activation.
- Establish relationships with the local music community including local music institutions, schools and companies.
- Partner with the Believe Label Services team to bridge communication with TuneCore customers for upsell initiatives.
- Lead localization of TuneCore’s education content and programs in the UK including webinars, podcasts, mentoring sessions, blogs and guides.
- Partner with the Central Marketing Team to identify and vet translators and local writers for marketing materials and content. Help audit translations and locally written content to ensure translations meet quality standards.
Cross-functional Team Collaboration
- Build and manage marketing plan and calendar for the UK providing Central Team visibility to initiatives and timelines to aid in workload management and campaign alignment.
- Partner with the Central Paid Media Team to collaborate on localization of Paid Social, SEM and SEO marketing channels. Provide support and contribution to global acquisition initiatives.
- Partner with the Central Marketing Team on localization of website, social media, email and content to meet local acquisition and retention goals.
- Work with Central Team to identify and recruit local influencers to endorse the TuneCore brand and participate in TuneCore’s influencer marketing programs. Provide Central Team with recommendations on localization of influencer program to ensure it meets local market needs in the UK
- Collaborate with Central Communication Team to localize PR initiatives for the UK and proactively recommend initiatives and programs to drive brand awareness and build competitive advantage in the market.
- Liaison with Central Artist Support Team on localization opportunities for Client Care.
- Collaborate with the Business Development and Product Teams on product localization to meet market and competitive landscape needs.
- Assist Product Team by participating in usability testing ahead of product launches.
We will appreciate your agility, your sense of innovation, your excellent relationship and your enthusiasm.
During your past experiences, you have developed the following skills :
- 5+ years experience in a digital focused organization
- Highly motivated with the ability to function independently and solve problems creatively and quickly.
- Proactive, energetic attitude and desire to work in a results-oriented and deadline-driven environment
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under shifting deadlines.
- Team player and comfortable working cross-functionally across varying levels.
- Demonstrate thoroughness, follow-up, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- BS/BA degree
- A strong knowledge of the digital music industry is highly preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Familiarity with paid search/SEO (Google, Yahoo, Bing, Yandex) and paid social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Strong PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Fluent in English
Believe is committed to ensuring equal opportunities in employment, regardless of origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, family status pregnancy, political opinions, trade union activities, religious beliefs, physical appearance, family name, place of residence, state of health, or disability.