Senior QA Engineer
- New York, NY, USA
Tunecore Engineering develops web applications supporting our talented customers and internal operations. Tunecore is looking for a Senior QA Engineer passionate about automation and driving a culture of quality through the Engineering organization. You should have extensive experience testing web front end as well as backend APIs and relational databases using a variety of tools and strategies. More than a set of skills we are looking for an experienced QA engineer who is proactive, curious, collaborative and great at communicating. You will be working with an engineering team applying your knowledge of test automation and QA best practices.
You will design and execute tests within frameworks and tooling you will help develop and provide the status of the testing and interpret execution results. You will collaborate with software developers and architects to ensure product integrity and product quality.
Candidates should have experience writing and executing back end and front end automation scripts. Candidates will analyze requirements and provide early feedback, converting design specifications and related requirements into test cases with expected results and work well within a collaborative agile environment.
● Design, develop and maintain automation scripts and API test frames
● Engage in technical design & code reviews with a QA perspective
● Design, develop, train, drive and deliver tests and test designs and strategies.
● Must have a hands-on approach to see that tests are implemented, executed and verified in a timely and efficient manner.
● Work within an agile team environment in a collaborative manner to perform test verification activities.
● Design, document and evaluate testing frameworks, test results and defects
● Track/manage defects working with development teams and business groups to troubleshoot a wide variety of issues
● Develop deep knowledge of the product and testing structures with a constant improvement mindset
● Keep abreast of new technologies, and be willing to present them to the technical staff
● BS or BA degree or higher in Computer Science or closely related field
● 7+ years of QA experience
● 5+ years using MySQL and strong database skills
● 5+ years experience in a wide range of modern Automation and Performance technology
● Comfortable translating Business and Design requirements into working/efficient test scripts and test cases
● Strong familiarity with agile development practices
● Strong communication skills and attention to detail
● Strong experience with Performance and API testing methodologies
● Tools - JIRA, Confluence, Docker, Jenkins, Sauce Labs Code Deploy, Git and Github