Senior DevOps Engineer
- 45 Main St, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
TuneCore Engineering develops web applications in the music space supporting our talented customers and internal operations. We’re looking for a hands-on DevOps technologist to join our fast-growing team, and help drive the modernization and resiliency of our cloud architecture on AWS. As a Sr. DevOps Engineer, you will work to build, grow, and maintain our cloud-based application architecture and infrastructure. We’re a small team with a large impact and we wear a lot of different hats, so you will be instrumental in advancing our deployment and configuration management strategies, containerization tool set, planning and implementing our Disaster Recovery Environment, and be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of our Production, UAT, Staging, QA, and Development environments. This position will also be heavily involved in the implementation of planned security frameworks, process improvements, and Authentication/Identity Management initiatives organization-wide.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience in containerized cloud architectures for delivery on the web, love solving complex problems, and have a strong desire to automate “all the things.” You’ll approach tasks with both fault-tolerant and security-focused mindsets, and have the ability to learn on the fly, and pick things up quickly. You’ll be mindful of best deployment and security practices, be an excellent communicator who is able to work closely with DevOps, IT, Engineering, Product, and Data Analytics teams, be a champion of "DevOps culture," and enjoy working in a fun and diverse environment. If you’re a ninja, that’s cool too.
- Strong Linux Administration & scripting chops (we're a 100% Linux shop)
- Ensure the successful preparation, deployment, and performance of TuneCore products
- Advanced AWS skill set (ECS, ECR, RDS, ALB, Route53, CodePipeline, IAM)
- Assist in problem identification, and employ mitigation strategies for technical risks related to cloud redundancy, security and scalability
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to provide timely responses to stakeholders
- Strong Containerization skills (Docker a must, Kubernetes a huge plus)
- Demonstrated experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform a must)
- Thorough knowledge of Deployment tools and techniques (GIT, Jenkins, CodeDeploy etc.)
- Solid Database Administration skills (MySQL, MariaDB, RDS, PostgreSQL)
- Participate in daily stand-up and weekly sprint planning meetings in relation to DevOps project tasks
- Mentor Junior Engineers in the ways of DevOps
- BS or BA degree, or higher, or relevant experience
- More than 7 years of experience working within a SRE/DevOps/Engineer capacity, setting up and configuring PaaS infrastructure
- Demonstrated history of maintaining production platforms, and identifying opportunities to improve, scale, and provide resiliency in disaster recovery
- Experience monitoring for, and responding to critical incidents
- Keep abreast of new technologies, and be willing to present them to the technical staff
- Contribute to a dynamic environment of collaboration, and perform under pressure with a sense of humor
Nice to Have:
- Managing and configuring Kubernetes, container registries, and/or CDN experience is a plus
- Managing Security & WAF, DNS, and Traffic flow with tools like CloudFlare, Traffic Director etc.
- An SRE skill/mind-set
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.