Senior Manager, Performance Marketing
- 45 Main St, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
Reporting to the Senior Director of Client Marketing, the Senior Manager of Performance Marketing will lead growth initiatives for TuneCore’s clients through their expertise in marketing strategy, Paid Search (SEM), Organic Search (SEM), Affiliate, Partnerships, Retargeting and Paid Social.
The Senior Manager of Performance Marketing is a large contributor to the overall success of the business. S/he will manage and lead team members in the day-to-day management of paid media, help develop strategies to drive campaign performance, and manage the marketing budget for the team.
The tasks and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
o Capture, synthesize and distill actionable insights necessary to build a compelling marketing plan through SEM, Affiliates, Retargeting and Paid Social
o Balance between short-term lead focused programs and long-term brand awareness/equity/advocacy
o Assist in lager strategy discussions as they relate to acquiring new clients, increasing brand awareness, and solidifying brand positioning
o Partner with International team members on Marketing plans for local and international markets
o Lead the strategy and execution of the refer-a-friend program
o Find new and creative strategies to drive incremental traffic and clients to TuneCore’s website
o Drive paid media campaign planning, strategy, execution and optimization
o Directly manage PPC campaigns including bids and budgets, regularly optimizing keywords and creative
o Manage the execution, targeting and optimization of paid social campaigns (retargeting and branding)
o Manage affiliate marketing channel, devise and execute on strategic channel initiatives to drive efficient growth both domestically and in international markets
o Manage and lead all SEO initiatives to drive incremental clients across all websites.
o Optimize marketing programs by performing detailed reporting on performance, analyzing data and extracting key insights/next steps. Identify program risks and optimization recommendations
o Responsible for managing channel budgets and leveraging analytics to implement optimization to meet CPA and spend targets
o Manage weekly budget updates and voice concerns as they arise. Be an integral member of the budget planning process and assist in monthly closes.
o Work with other team members on project postmortems in order to ensure best practices were regularly reviewed, optimized and shared with the larger team.
Budget and Revenue Management
o Provide analysis and recommendations for annual budgeting process, as well as monthly/weekly/daily forecasting and reporting for traffic, revenue, spend, ROI and other performance KPIs
o Proactively communicate risks and lead growth brainstorms in an effort to meet monthly and annual targets
Team Leadership and Management
o Motivate employees and peers and serve as a trusted advisor through strong/collaborative leadership
o Directly manage two full-time employees
o Create a team environment that encourages accountability, high standards and innovation
o Develop and retain diverse talent that makes a strong, positive impact on the organization. Continuously improve team and job structure and ensures clear leadership accountabilities are in place. Identify talent of direct reports and assists with their growth and development plans
o Facilitate regular, ongoing communication with cross-functional teams
o Coach other team members on best practices for driving acquisition across their areas of responsibilities.
- 5-8 years of work experience in growth marketing, performance marketing, online advertising, direct marketing, or eCommerce
- Experience with PPC, programmatic buying, re-targeting, social advertising
- Highly analytical with proven ability to think strategically and draw conclusions to determine strategies based on data.
- Experience with website analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in social media
- Extensive experience manipulating data with Excel
- Confidently and independently manage campaigns from start to finish and contribute to tactical and media partner recommendations
- Experience with managing budgets
- Experience pulling actionable insights from Google Search Console
- Savvy leader capable of leading and influencing cross functional teams without direct reporting accountability
- 2+ years direct team leadership/management experience
- International and/or global marketing experience
- Basic SQL experience
- BS/BA degree
- Knowledge of ad-serving platforms affiliate marketing and Google Analytics
- Expert with paid Social Media platforms in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and well informed on emerging social media sites
- Thorough understanding of attribution theory and media mix modeling
- Proactive, energetic attitude and desire to work in a results-oriented and deadline-driven environment
- Highly motivated with the ability to function independently and solve problems creatively and quickly
- Team player and comfortable working cross-functionally across varying levels
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.