Associate Product Manager - Supply Chain
- 45 Main St, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
The Associate Product Manager (APM) – Supply Chain will support the development of TuneCore products related to all aspects of the supply chain, i.e. DSP onboarding and management, distribution, user experience and product integration as well as managing technical requirements. S/he will participate in the analysis, inception and implementation of TuneCore supply chain-related product iteration to grow the product and meet the evolving needs of the customer.
As the APM for Supply Chain, you will manage the delivery of a set of DSP/store/distribution-related products and features on the roadmap from conception to launch. You will play an important role in the product team and you will work with teams across the organization.
This role requires a focus on the user, a commitment to action-oriented analysis, and a thirst for continuous learning. The candidate must have the dual ability to be a strategic thinker and be hands-on in an evolving, entrepreneurial environment.
The tasks and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Drive product development, from conception to launch, of the products and product solutions associated with the TuneCore social media platform — both consumer-facing features and back-end systems
- Define, prioritize, and communicate short and long-term product goals
- Develop an understanding of customers by assisting the Product Director in conducting research, data analysis, customer interviews, and usability testing, as necessary
- Partner with engineering, marketing, and customer operations to bring new products and features to market, including activities like launch messaging and customer support.
- Identify and track essential qualitative and quantitative metrics for evaluating the impact of the product initiatives you lead, and for informing future decisions
- Work collaboratively to ensure consistency across all TuneCore products
- Write product requirements, develop user flows, and mock-ups based on stakeholder feedback.
- Define the “What” and the “Who” and manage delivery. Be able to breakdown goals and strategies into actionable deliverables and milestones
- Propose new features and products for approval by senior management, working cross-functionally to build a business case and define ROI
- Manage and update product documentation such as PRDs, business requirements, use cases, user flows/stories, flows, and functional specs
- Support prioritization of feature backlog and support management of the development queue
- Assist in determining the best technical implementation methods with the engineering team, work closely with QA on acceptance testing, and support product launches
- Drive metrics-based optimizations to the product —striking the right balance between fixing bugs while enhancing and launching new features
- Work with third-party vendors to implement new features and manage day-to-day issues
- Proactively build the knowledge base to intimately know the market, product, product line, and competition
- Keeps abreast of what’s happening within the digital and music industry and proactively shares strategic insights with the leadership team
- Strong knowledge of industry best practices and competitive landscape
- 3-5 years of product management experience
- Experience with DSP’s and/or Streaming Music Services
- Demonstrable track record of building, launching, and managing digital products
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Proven track record in working collaboratively across functional areas to drive results – can interact effectively with representatives from Technology, Operations, and Marketing
- Strong technical understanding (development methodologies, phases, etc.)
- Experience with social media management tools
- Strong ownership, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to quickly translate and communicate complex problems or concepts
- Demonstrate thoroughness, follow-up, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines
- Bonus points for knowledge of the digital music industry are highly preferred
- Bonus points for familiarity with SQL, XML, and JSON
- BS or BA degree, or higher
- Well-rounded education of how the music industry operates.
- Basic computer skills and office applications.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.