Head of Artist Services - Brazil
- Sao Paolo or Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paolo or Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paolo or Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Believe is above all a passion for music, tech, and digital marketing, shared by over 1,200 talented people in more than 45 countries. It is a visionary and entrepreneurial spirit that drives us and makes us a world leader in the digital distribution of music.
Believe is a tribe of experts who successfully meet the challenges of the transformation of our music industry every day. It’s an adventure, a human adventure, and one that is propitious and stimulating for all of us.
Finally, Believe is a story that began in 2005 and that we must continue to narrate, now, and with you. Believe's mission is to develop labels and artists in the most suitable way, at each stage of their career and development. In all local markets around the world. With respect, expertise, fairness and transparency.
As a Head of Artist Service & Development (internal consultant) you will lead a team of artist distribution managers in charge of offering and managing distribution & marketing partnerships to a network of artists of different musical genres in the territory. You will support the team in a constantly technological, strategic and mutating environment with changing processes and policies.
Thanks to a complete understanding of Believes' products and clients’ needs, a solid sales strategy, and an in-depth vision of the local music market you will be able to lead a team, achieve sales objectives and manage a portfolio of artists. You will directly report into the Head of Sales and Distribution Services - Brazil.
Your tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Sales Strategy: define sourcing strategy and priority targets for the unit ; negotiate & sign key deals with artists & management ; provide strategic guidance to develop key local projects.
- People Management : hire, manage and motivate local ASD team.
- Work Organization: structure and organize work locally and internationally, internally & externally.
- Execution Control : control local execution of global strategy & targets.
- P&L, budget, Performance : owns unit P&L, monitor KPI and budgets.
- Reporting : deliver reportings, business reviews and market insights to Local MD & HQ
- Significant experience in team Management (at least 5 years)
- 8+ years in artist development, in a label or similar structure
- Strong leadership skills : communication, integrity, awareness, business & strategic vision, commitment.
- Strong management skills : ability to structure, organize, manage and inspire the team
- Excellent relationships, artist friendly, presentations and organization skills.
- Excellent understanding of the music market (practices, trends, opportunities...)
- Owning P&L : setting, monitoring budgets & hitting targets.
- Ability to use data and transform it into winning strategies.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Local language + English (fluent)
Managing Director Americas