FINANCE & BUDGET MANAGER - TURKEY
- Burhaniye, Eski Kısıklı Cd. No:65, 34676 Üsküdar/İstanbul, Turkey
Established in 2000, Doğan Music Company (DMC) is one of the key players in the turkish music industry, offering digital and physical distribution services to numerous record labels while boasting its own roster of leading artists and groups.
Believe is above all a passion for music, tech, and digital marketing, shared by over 1,200 talented people in more than 45 countries. It is a visionary and entrepreneurial spirit that drives us and makes us a world leader in the digital distribution of music.
Finally, Believe is a story that began in 2005 and that we must continue to narrate, now, and with you. Believe's mission is to develop labels and artists in the most suitable way, at each stage of their career and development. In all local markets around the world. With respect, expertise, fairness and transparency.
In the context of the partnership between Believe Group and DMC, we are looking for a Senior Finance Manager.
The Finance Manager is responsible for DMC’s and NetD’s financial accounting, including financial statement review, month end close process, balance sheet review and reconciliations, audit and tax activities. The Finance Manager make sure that policies and procedures of the company are applied.
Supporting the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Finance Manager will have the following responsibilities:
· Oversees and/or manages accounting functions, treasury, financial planning and budgeting, audit, tax, accounting, forecasting.
· Establishes and maintains effective financial management ensuring sound business practices, compliance with internal control and local rules
· Manages day to day financial topics
· Supervises monthly balancing of books and monthly account reviews; prepares and presents monthly financial statements.
· Ensures all financial reports are prepared in a timely and accurate manner
· Prepares and presents budget and financial reports, prepares and develops financial plan modifications and recommendations. Communicates and disseminates information/results to management.
· Perform analytical reviews of the monthly operating results to ensure the reasonability and accuracy of reports
· Prepare and maintain cash flow forecasts and projections to effectively manage cash balances
· Coordinates annual independent audit
· Provides all financial, tax & legal reporting activities according to Groupe rules
· Ensure of the successful central implementation of local artists contracts (supervise templates, check contracts, handle local admin compliance, manage local rights such as booking, sync and branding contracts with external partners, etc.)
· Develops appropriate financial information, advice and guidance to the GM for strategic decisions and to the ASD business team for monitoring their performance in accordance with the Group rules.
· Ensures compliance with statutory payroll and property tax reporting.
· Assists with company strategic planning
· Assists with special projects as required
· Other related duties as assigned by management upon requirement
· Degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration or a related field appreciated
· Minimum 5 years relevant working experience in Finance department (with at least 3 years’ management exposure)
· Used to work and handle multiple GAAPs, Turkish local GAAP and IFRS
· Ability to interpret economic conditions and anticipate the impact on the organization
· Strengths with strategic and analytical thinking
· Convincing personality and ability to work both independently and as a team-player, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Entrepreneurial, hands on, can-do attitude and ability to think outside the box
· Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and scientific method
· Proven leadership and business acumen skills
· Proficient in QuickBooks Enterprise, Microsoft Suite and SAP
· Fluent in Turkish and English (written and spoken)
· Certified accountant qualification
· Experience working in an international environment
· Relevant industry experience
Plain Line: DMC CFO
Dotted Line: Group Finance Integration (during integration phase)/ Subsidiaries Financial Control (post integration).
Believe is committed to ensuring equal opportunities in employment, regardless of origin, sex, morals, sexual orientation, gender, age, family status pregnancy, race, political opinions, trade union activities, religious beliefs, physical appearance, family name, place of residence, state of health, or disability.