TALENT SCOUT MEXICO (M/W)
- Mexico city, Mexico, Mexico city, Mexico, Mexico
Believe is above all a passion for music, tech, and digital marketing, shared by over 1,200 talented people in more than 45 countries. It is a visionary and entrepreneurial spirit that drives us and makes us a world leader in the digital distribution of music.
Believe is a tribe of experts who successfully meet the challenges of the transformation of our music industry every day. It’s an adventure, a human adventure, and one that is propitious and stimulating for all of us.
Finally, Believe is a story that began in 2005 and that we must continue to narrate, now, and with you. Believe's mission is to develop labels and artists in the most suitable way, at each stage of their career and development. In all local markets around the world. With respect, expertise, fairness and transparency.
Following the acceleration of our activities in Mexico, we are looking to grow our team with a Talent Scout (Free-lance).
Our mission is to provide the best distribution services for independent labels and artists with passion, innovation, care, and transparency.
As a talent scout you will define and implement the sourcing and acquisitions strategy for artists on our Distribution and Artist Services Offers.
Utilizing your network, market analysis, business and artist relations, you will be able to source and identify artists who would require any of our Distribution or A/S services. Carrying out first discussions with the artists and their management, you will be able to identify their needs and share the perfect offer with your local head of sales or artist services. You will participate in the contract negotiation and coordinate the transfer of the artists to our project management or artist relations team.
1/ Identify new and emerging artist and label leads at the earliest stage
- Audit and identify emerging Artists market trends
- Discover new artists through internal and external A&R data tools, websites, streaming services and develop new ways to evaluate unsigned talent.
- Build partnerships with a network of talent detection third parties
- Attend meetings, gigs, showcases, conferences and other events to represent Believe.
2/ Qualify Artists services expectations, careers projects and releases plans
- Collect Artists needs and populate our CRM activity
- Manage and update our CRM system on a daily basis and collect all information
- Carry out meetings with prospective clients to pitch our services and follow up through to offer negotiations.
- Present deals to your local internal team and coordinate with Head of Sales and Artist Services to validate deal offers.
- Coordinate the artist handover to the sales team.
3/ Identify Market Trends and market dynamics and report to management
- Build strong relationships with artists, management and the local industry (music lawyers etc.)
- Analyze the impact of spend and structure artist offers
- Demonstrable experience in the recorded music industry, ideally in an A&R / Scouting role, preferred but not required
- Extremely digital savvy and quick to adopt trends (proficient with some online A&R/ scouting tools)
- Ability to be both creative and data-driven.
- Exceptional communication, presentations and organization skills.
- Artist focused and passionate about the Independent Music Industry with a good knowledge of the independent ecosystem and digital landscape.
- Proactive attitude to work to deadlines, meet targets and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- A solid network in the music industry particularly at distribution level.
- Strong relationship building skills and team-oriented approach.
- Available to work some evenings and to travel internationally as may be required.
Believe is committed to ensuring equal opportunities in employment, regardless of origin, sex, morals, sexual orientation, gender, age, family status pregnancy, race, political opinions, trade union activities, religious beliefs, physical appearance, family name, place of residence, state of health, or disability.