HEAD OF TUNECORE, FRENCH SPEAKING COUNTRIES AFRICA - (INTERNAL CONSULTANT)
- Cameroon, Cameroon, Cameroon
- Employees can work remotely
Believe is above all a passion for music, tech, and digital marketing, shared by over 1,300 talented people in more than 45 countries. It is a visionary and entrepreneurial spirit that drives us and makes us a world leader in the digital distribution of music.
Believe is a tribe of experts who successfully meet the challenges of the transformation of our music industry every day. It’s an adventure, a human adventure, and one that is propitious and stimulating for all of us.
Finally, Believe is a story that began in 2005 and that we must continue to narrate, now, and with you. To innovate and continue to invent the future of music, based on respect, expertise, fairness, and transparency; values we hold dear.
Believe's mission is to develop labels and artists in the most suitable way, at each stage of their career and development ; In all local markets around the world ; With respect, expertise, fairness and transparency.
Want to collaborate in a dynamic, entrepreneurial company that puts people at the center of its strategy? believe is for you!
TuneCore is seeking to employ an experienced Business Development Consultant on an initial 3-month contract, to oversee operations and lead strategies to drive client growth and market penetration in the region. S/He will represent TuneCore in the French speaking countries of Africa including Cameroun, Mali and Senegal. S/He will be responsible for managing brand localization, operations, strategy, reporting and competitive/market analysis. The Consultant reports to the Head of TuneCore, France and is responsible for establishing and growing the TuneCore brand in the region.
S/He is willing to move quickly to acquire and retain partnership clients which will yield key opportunities for client acquisition. The Consultant must have strong written and verbal communication skills, an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for technology. S/He has strong relationship-building skills with an already robust and existing network specific to the localized music industry.
The tasks and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
· Conduct and manage local competitive analysis to inform TuneCore’s product offering, marketing initiatives and localization strategy. This will include providing data for market capacity / share / potential, as well as analysis of social media presence and paid media strategy of local competitors.
· Implement and manage the local strategic growth plan and budget for French Africa to meet local market needs, drive growth and increase market penetration.
· Complete KPI reports and campaign postmortems for weekly and monthly international performance reviews highlighting successes, learnings and opportunities.
· Balance between short-term lead generation programs and long-term brand awareness / equity /advocacy campaigns for the market.
- Communicate and collaborate with the Believe managerial staff in France and Africa (Believe is TuneCore’s parent company) to identify, propose, implement and optimize TuneCore’s localization initiatives for French Africa.
· Identify, negotiate, test, launch and manage local marketing partnerships to accelerate client acquisition, build competitive advantage and grow brand awareness in French Africa.
· Lead identification, implementation and management of local Artist Service partnerships. Collaborate with cross functional teams on synergies and best practices across markets. Negotiate best terms, gain competitive advantage and ensure partnerships benefit TuneCore’s defined client segments.
· Coordinate the event strategy for French Africa aligning the local market and business needs with the event plan and activation, and also represent TuneCore at local industry events and conferences across French Africa.
· Establish relationships with the local music community including local music institutions, schools and companies.
· Partner with the Believe Label Services team to bridge communication with TuneCore customers for client upsell initiatives.
· Lead localization of TuneCore’s education content and programs in French Africa including webinars, podcasts, mentoring sessions, blogs and guides.
· Collaborate with the Head of TuneCore, France to identify and vet translators and local writers for marketing materials and content. Help audit translations and locally written content to ensure translations meet quality standards.
Cross-functional Team Collaboration
· Manage marketing plan and calendar for French Africa providing Head of TuneCore, France visibility to initiatives and timelines to aid in workload management and campaign alignment.
· Partner with the Head of TuneCore, France and Central Paid Media Team to collaborate on localization of Paid Social, SEM and SEO marketing channels. Provide support and contribution to global acquisition initiatives.
· Partner with the Head of TuneCore, France and Central Marketing Team on localization of website, social media, email and content to meet local acquisition and retention goals.
· Work with Head of TuneCore, France and Central Team to identify and recruit local influencers to endorse the TuneCore brand and participate in TuneCore’s influencer marketing programs.
· Collaborate with Head of TuneCore, France to localize PR initiatives for French Africa and proactively recommend initiatives and programs to drive brand awareness and build competitive advantage in the market.
· Collaborate with the Business Development and Product Teams on product localization to meet market and competitive landscape needs.
· 5+ years experience delivering partnership and client growth opportunities in a digitally focused organization
· Highly motivated with the ability to function independently and solve problems creatively and quickly.
· Proactive, energetic attitude and desire to work in a results-oriented and deadline-driven environment
· Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under shifting deadlines.
- Team player and comfortable working cross-functionally across varying levels.
- Demonstrate thoroughness, follow-up, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· BS/BA degree or similar
· A strong and existing network within the localized music industry is essential
· A deep knowledge of the digital music landscape is highly preferred
· Proficient with Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
· Familiarity with paid search/SEO (Google, Yahoo, Bing, Yandex) and paid social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Strong PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Fluent in English and French languages.
Believe strongly promotes equal treatment regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, martial or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, physical abilities, religious beliefs, political beliefs, or other ideologies.