- Brooklyn, Brooklyn, NY, United States
Believe is a worldwide leader in digital audio and video distribution for independent artists. It is by combining technological and artistic skills in the service of digital distribution that the Group has based its expertise and has quickly positioned itself as a new player in the music industry landscape.
With more than 1,000 employees in 45 countries, the group distributes more than a third of the world's digital music in volume and has achieved an average annual growth of 30% over the last ten years.
Believe's mission can be summed up as: "Best serve and develop all artists with care, transparency, fairness, expertise and innovation, in all local markets around the world".
The Assistant Controller will lead the finance activities of Believe USA legal entity.
The activities of Believe USA are the following:
· Commercial activity which consists of managing the Distribution and Artist Services businesses for the USA
· Administrative activity with the monitoring of the Hub for the Latam area.
· Accordingly, the job of Local Assistant Controller will consist of supervising local administration & financial matters and of being the controller of the local business.
The Assistant Controller will:
· Produce reporting, accounting, and tax activities.
· Support GM in monitoring the performance of the local business.
· Ensure smooth & successful coordination with Believe headquarters in Paris (France).
· Establish and maintain effective financial management ensuring sound business practices, compliance with internal controls & local rules.
· Provide all financial, tax & legal reporting activities according to Group rules.
· Manage day to day financial topics (mainly accounting, administrative, and treasury) in accordance with local regulations.
· Ensure tax compliance.
· Prepare financial statements.
· Liaise with auditors if applicable.
· Develop appropriate financial information, advice, and guidance to the GM for strategic decisions and to the ASD business team for monitoring their performance in accordance with the Group rules.
· Lead the budget and reforecast processes.
· Ensure successful central implementation of local artists contracts (supervise templates, check contracts, handle local admin compliances, manage local rights such as booking, sync and branding contracts with external partners, etc.)
· Successfully execute processes from HQ to deploy new activities such as “Artist Services” commercial offers.
· Help on deploying any corporate business and finance tool and process.
· Bachelor’s degree or above with major in Finance / Accounting.
· More than 10 years’ relevant working experience in Finance department with at least 3 years’ management exposure.
· The holder of ACCA or CPA, Big 4 working experience is highly preferred.
· Excellent knowledge of US domestic Finance laws and regulations.
· Extensive knowledge of accounting, tax, and cash management.
· Advanced skills in computer applications.
· Target-driven and achievement-oriented management style.
· Ability to work in a multicultural team.
· Practical problem-solving skills with an analytical mindset.
· Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, independently as well as a capable team player.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Proactive outlook: hands-on can-do mentality.
· Plain line: Local Country Manager.
· Dotted line: Finance Integration Manager at HQ during the integration period and then the International Accounting Manager.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.