Trade Marketing Manager - Distribution
- Chandigarh, Chandigarh, Punjab, India
Founded in 2005, believe is the worldwide leader in digital audio and video distribution for independent artists. It is by combining technological and artistic skills in the service of digital distribution that the Group has based its expertise and has quickly positioned itself as a new player in the music industry landscape.
With more than 1,000 employees in 45 countries, the group distributes more than a third of the world's digital music in volume and has achieved an average annual growth of 30% over the last ten years.
believe's mission can be summed up as: "Best serve and develop all artists with care, transparency, fairness, expertise and innovation, in all local markets around the world".
Our mission is to provide the best distribution services for independent labels and artists with passion, innovation, care, and transparency.
As a trademarketing specialist you will work with a portfolio of key digital retail partners and and help coordinate with our international offices on front-line marketing initiatives for our extensive new release schedule and catalogue. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Trade Marketing for the region. Experience in Digital Marketing and digital retail promotion across streaming platforms and mobile is integral to the role. In addition, a strong focus on educating the team, plus Label Managers / Artist Relationship Managers on best practices, strategy and the evolution of platforms that fall under their responsibility.
1. Digital Retail marketing and promotion :
· Help coordinate with our international offices on front-line marketing initiatives for our extensive new release schedule and catalog.
· Develop and grow the relationships with retailers, and explore ways to further our catalog visibility.
· Ensure that key retailers are aware of priority releases, both local and international releases.
· Develop strong knowledge on key play lists and how to ensure promotion within these play lists.
· Creation of weekly newsletter to digital service partners that highlight new signings, key new catalog promotions and key release updates.
2. Internal Process:
· Work closely with Head of Trade Marketing to ensure Trade Marketing strategy is adhered to on a local level, with a strong attention to internal processes.
· Optimizing promotional information that is available and ensuring our releases receive strong coverage.
· Attend and contribute to weekly International Call.
· Attend one on one meetings with label managers for strategy meetings on key releases.
· Excellent knowledge of the current music market landscape and trends.
· A keen and creative interest in digital technologies and digital marketing opportunities.
· The ability to work to deadlines and work under pressure.
· The ability to multi task, prioritise and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· The ability to work alone and be pro-active
· High level of verbal and written communication skills.
· Friendly nature and good interpersonal skills.
· A passionate, diligent self-starter.
· A genuine passion to work in the music industry.
4. Key Skills :
- Ear for local music ; Extensive knowledge of local labels & artists
- Avid user of Digital Music Stores ; Well versed with digital economy
- Programming experience is digital world ( Radio / Streaming / TV )
- Ability to make compelling pitch of local releases to editorial teams of DSP’s.
Qualification : Post Graduate
Job Location : Chandigarh
Want to collaborate in a dynamic, entrepreneurial company that puts people at the center of its strategy? believe is for you!