FINANCE CONTROLLER (SHANGHAI - CHINA)
- Shanghai, China, Shanghai, China
Founded in 2005, believe is the worldwide leader in digital audio and video distribution for independent artists. It is by combining technological and artistic skills in the service of digital distribution that the Group has based its expertise and has quickly positioned itself as a new player in the music industry landscape.
With more than 1,000 employees in 45 countries, the group distributes more than a third of the world's digital music in volume and has achieved an average annual growth of 30% over the last ten years.
believe's mission can be summed up as: "Best serve and develop all artists with care, transparency, fairness, expertise and innovation, in all local markets around the world".
Want to collaborate in a dynamic, entrepreneurial company that puts people at the center of its strategy? believe is for you!
The job of Finance Controller will consist of supervising local administration & financial matters and of being the business partner to the General Manager of Greater China(GM).
As a senior member of the local team, the Finance Controller will
· Structure and organize the finance and administrative department according to the believe core model,
· Oversee reporting, accounting and tax activities,
· Support the GM in monitoring the performance of the business
· Ensure a smooth & successful coordination with believe headquarters in Paris (France).
Its main responsibilities include:
· Establish and maintain effective financial management ensuring sound business practices, compliance with internal controls & local rules,
· Provide all financial, tax & legal reporting activities,
· Supervise monthly closing, budgeting and reforecast processes,
· Manage day to day financial topics (mainly accounting, administrative and treasury),
· Ensure tax compliance,
· Prepare financial statements,
· Liaise with auditors if applicable.
· Develop appropriate financial information, advice and guidance to the GM for strategic decisions and to the ASD business team for monitoring their performance;
· Ensure a successful central implementation of local artists contracts (supervise templates, check contracts, handle local admin compliances, manage local rights such as booking, sync and branding contracts with external partners etc)
· Successfully execute processes from HQ to deploy new activities such as “Artist Services” commercial offers
· Support local customers (artists & labels) for royalties' issues
Help on deploying any corporate business and finance tool and process
· Bachelor’s degree or above with major in Finance / Accounting;
· More than 10 years’ relevant working experience in Finance department of MNC with at least 3 year’ management exposure;
· The holder of ACCA or CPA, Big 4 working experience is highly preferred.
· Excellent knowledge of China domestic Finance laws and regulations;
· Good knowledge of European Finance laws and regulations;
· Advanced skills in computer applications
· Target-driven and achievement-oriented management style
· Ability to work in a multicultural team
· Practical problem-solving skills with an analytical mindset;
· Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, independently as well as a capable team player;
· Proactive outlook: hands-on can do mentality
· Excellent communication skills in both written and oral in Mandarin and English.