Sync Manager - USA
- 5741 Buckingham Pkwy, Culver City, CA 90230, USA
Founded in 2005, believe is the worldwide leader in digital audio and video distribution for independent artists. By combining technological and artistic skills, the group has quickly positioned itself as a new player in the music industry landscape.
With more than 1,000 employees across 45 countries, the group distributes more than a third of the world's digital music and has achieved an average annual growth of 30% over the last ten years.
believe's mission can be summed up as "To best serve and develop all artists with care, transparency, fairness, expertise and innovation, in all local markets around the world".
Want to collaborate in a dynamic, entrepreneurial company that puts people at the centre of its strategy? believe is for you.
Believe Sync is the creative licensing department at Believe. We provide music for advertising, TV, film and video games from a vast and diverse selection of independent music. Working closely with our partners in the creative industries, we offer free creative services including catalogue searches, bespoke recordings and wider brand partnerships with the music and artists we represent.
Believe Sync is looking for a self-motivated and entrepreneurial individual based in Los Angeles to source, negotiate and license sync placements for Believe’s catalogue and frontline roster, whilst simultaneously building Believe Sync’s overall presence in the US market.
As Sync Manager you will be responsible for sourcing, developing and maintaining relationships with clients in the USA and Canadian markets. Based in Los Angeles with an existing network of Film and Television contacts, you will also build and maintain relationships with clients in the advertising and video games industries. You will travel, with the aim of expanding Believe’s presence across the territory.
A passion for and knowledge of a wide variety of music is essential, as is an existing network of clients and an ability to work autonomously.
Job Role / Main Responsibilities
Reporting to the Global Head of Sync, you will handle all day-to-day sync activity in the USA - including both creative and licensing work - whilst continuously seeking new business opportunities in the TV, film, advertising and video game industries.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Sourcing, developing and maintaining business relationships with clients in the TV, film, advertising and video game industries.
- Procuring, contributing to and delivering creative pitches.
- Handling quotes, approvals and licensing for deals in the USA and Canada.
- Designing and organizing appropriate marketing and promotional activity for Believe’s frontline roster including mailouts, gigs, showcases, listening parties and more.
- Helping to maintain Believe’s online music catalogue; creating playlists and collaborating with international colleagues on briefs and other creative work.
- Day-to-day administrative work including license tracking and financial reporting.
- Attending gigs with clients and maintaining a good relationship with Believe’s A&R, digital marketing and in-house label departments across the world.
You should have:
- Experience of working in sync; either at a label or publishing company, or through a music supervision role elsewhere.
- Excellent communication and networking skills. You must be confident meeting new people and seeking new business opportunities, as well as dealing with artists and managers on a day to day basis.
- An outstanding knowledge of, and passion for, independent music. A particular knowledge of European music would be preferable, but not essential.
- A creative mind which is willing and able to answer music briefs openly and thoroughly.
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail. You must be able to meet short- and long-term targets whilst maintaining a consistently high standard of work.
You should be:
- A passionate self-starter able to work with and without direct supervision.
- An active and well-known member within the US sync community
- An enthusiastic arts lover who lives and breathes music - you are consistently intrigued and excited by the use of music in moving media and are willing to try new things to advance this area of the industry.
Believe is committed to ensuring equal opportunities in employment, regardless of origin, sex, morals, sexual orientation, gender, age, family status pregnancy, race, political opinions, trade union activities, religious beliefs, physical appearance, family name, place of residence, state of health, or disability.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to get back to all applicants.