SYNC MANAGER UK
- 5 Union Ct, Stockwell, London SW4, UK
Founded in 2005, believe is the worldwide leader in digital audio and video distribution for independent artists. By combining technological and artistic skills, the group has built expertise and has quickly positioned itself as a new player in the music industry landscape.
With more than 1,000 employees in 45 countries, the group distributes more than a third of the world's digital music in volume and has achieved an average annual growth of 30% over the last ten years.
believe's mission can be summed up as: "To best serve and develop all artists with care, transparency, fairness, expertise and innovation, in all local markets around the world".
Want to collaborate in a dynamic, entrepreneurial company that puts people at the center of its strategy? believe is for you!
Believe Sync is the creative licensing department at Believe. We provide music for advertising, TV, film and video games from a vast and diverse selection of independent music. Working closely with our partners in the creative industries, we offer free creative services including catalogue searches, bespoke recordings and wider brand partnerships with the music and artists we represent.
Believe Sync is looking for a self-motivated and entrepreneurial individual based in London to source, negotiate and license sync placements for Believe’s catalogue and frontline roster.
Reporting to the Global Head of Sync, you will handle day-to-day sync activity in the UK – including both creative and licensing work - whilst continuously seeking new business opportunities and developing Believe Sync's overall presence in the market.
Based in London with an existing network of contacts, you will be responsible for sourcing, developing and maintaining relationships with clients in the advertising, TV, film and video games industries. You will also travel regionally across the UK with the aim of expanding Believe’s client base.
Main responsibilities include:
- Sourcing, developing and maintaining business relationships with clients across the UK in the advertising, TV, film and video games industries.
- Procuring, leading and contributing to creative pitches.
- Handling quotes, approvals and licensing for deals in the UK and other EU territories from time to time.
- Designing and organising appropriate marketing and promotional activity for Believe’s frontline roster, including mailouts, gigs and showcases.
- Organising and maintaining Believe’s online music catalogue. Creating themed playlists, featuring artists and tracks, and tagging music.
- Day-to-day administrative work including license tracking and financial reporting.
- Attending gigs with clients and maintaining a good relationship with Believe’s A&R, digital marketing and in-house label departments across the world.
A passion for and knowledge of a wide variety of music is essential, as is an existing network of clients and an ability to work autonomously.
You should have:
- At least 3-5 years experience of working in sync; either at a label or publishing company, or through a music supervision role elsewhere.
- Excellent communication and networking skills; you must be confident meeting new people and seeking new business opportunities, as well as dealing with artists and managers on a day to day basis.
- An outstanding knowledge of, and passion for, independent music.
- A creative mind which is willing and able to answer music briefs openly and thoroughly.
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail. You must be able to meet short- and long-term targets whilst maintaining a consistently high standard of work.
You should be:
- A passionate self-starter able to work with and without direct supervision.
- An active and well-known member within the UK sync community.
- An enthusiastic arts lover who lives and breathes music; you are consistently intrigued and excited by the use of music in moving media, and are willing to try new things to advance this particular area of the industry.
Believe is committed to ensuring equal opportunities in employment, regardless of origin, sex, morals, sexual orientation, gender, age, family status pregnancy, race, political opinions, trade union activities, religious beliefs, physical appearance, family name, place of residence, state of health, or disability.