A&R Manager (M/W/D)
- Van-der-Smissen-Straße, 22767 Hamburg, Germany
Founded in 2005, believe is the worldwide leader in digital audio and video distribution for independent artists. It is by combining technological and artistic skills in the service of digital distribution that the Group has based its expertise and has quickly positioned itself as a new player in the music industry landscape.
With more than 1,000 employees in 45 countries, the group distributes more than a third of the world's digital music in volume and has achieved an average annual growth of 30% over the last ten years.
Believe's mission can be summed up as: "Best serve and develop all artists with care, transparency, fairness, expertise and innovation, in all local markets around the world".
Want to collaborate in a dynamic, entrepreneurial company that puts people at the center of its strategy? believe is for you!
For our German organization we are looking for an A&R Manager to join our vibrant team (Hamburg or Berlin based).
- Identify emerging talents through various sources (e.g. Socials, data, charts, network, industry relation)
- Scan charts, analytics, internal data and spot most promising artists; maintain a pipeline of talent and collect information on the artists
- Build and maintain an authentic, professional and transparent relationship with artists and the wider creative community within the music industry
- Lead primary negotiations and sales discussions, identify needs and understand career project, advocate the best deal conditions
- Analyze the market and provide feedback to the management, understand deal structures and development of innovative artist offers
- Coordinate with project manager to transfer new artists to the project management team
- Minimum of 2 Years of working experience in a relevant A&R role
- Strong knowledge and understanding of all genres of commercial music (especially Pop, EDM and Indie) and consumptions trends
- Strong professional network within the relevant German industries
- Positive and authentic personality to contact and build a reliable relationship with artists, managers and other creatives
- Solid experience leading efficient, business-driven and constructive negotiations
- Passion for music and the developments of digital and social media
- German and English fluent
Believe is committed to ensuring equal opportunities in employment, regardless of origin, sex, morals, sexual orientation, gender, age, family status pregnancy, race, political opinions, trade union activities, religious beliefs, physical appearance, family name, place of residence, state of health, or disability.