Team Lead Ops - Corporate Technologies
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America’s largest independent game developers with close to 600 employees and over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company’s games have reached more than 200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead by DaylightTM, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world’s most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney, Netflix, Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, and many more. For more information: bhvr.com.
Behaviour is looking for a talented Team Lead Ops to work within our Corporate Technologies team that supports our internal frameworks, tools and services for the production teams. The team you will be leading is our Ops team which regroup, DevOps, DataOps and BuildOps. The chosen candidate will have to organize the workload coming from various sources and synchronize initiatives with other leads in Corporate Technologies. In this position, you will be the direct supervisor of all the Ops specialized employees. For that reason, we're looking for someone who has some technical expertise in that field, but the main skills we're looking for are service-oriented attitude and someone who can nurture our DevOps culture.
If you have a knack for automation and organizing work across multi-disciplinary teams, then we want to meet you.
What will you do?
- Lead and manage a team of Ops dedicated to automating and enabling fast-iterations and deployment in a fast-pace environment;
- Build the schedule for the Ops team;
- Help estimating time to accomplish tasks and commit to meeting all objectives;
- Coach and guide the development of the team members;
- Plan, organize, follow-up and evaluate the work of the team;
- Actively work with leads and people from other departments: producers, directors, designers and developers;
- Provide help and support with Ops related tasks when needed.
- You have more than 5 years working part of an Ops (DevOp,DataOps or BuildOps) group;
- Good knowledge in any public cloud services is important for the role (AWS preferred);
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code very important for the role;
- You have a previous experience leading and managing a team of Ops;
- You've shown capable of working in a service-oriented team;
- You are a great Ops and you are able to understand the details of work required to reach goals;
- You are able to prioritize, plan, organize your work & time and work within deadlines;
- You've evolved in a high-volume cloud environment before;
- You have a strong interest and a real enthusiasm for video games and the gaming environment we work in;
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- You are thriving on change and can adapt changing needs and requirements.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of race, national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability.