Technical Animator - Dead by Daylight
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America’s largest independent game developers with close to 600 employees and over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company’s games have reached more than 200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead by Daylight, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world’s most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney, Netflix, Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, and many more. For more information: bhvr.com.
The technical animator works with the animation team to bring to life a large variety of characters and objects.
He is responsible for the technical aspect of the animation and works to define the animation pipeline.
He must have a great sense of observation, a good knowledge of a videogame production pipeline, and can produce scripts and tools to maintain and increase the efficiency of the animation team.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the video game industry
- Strong understanding of UE4 or Unity experience integrating animations into a game engine.
- An understanding of how to build a state machine
- Understanding of Animation Blueprints (Node Based Scripting)
- Portfolio and resume demonstrate excellent technical skills like rigging and skinning as well as a good understanding of the principles of animation.
- Knowledge of MEL script and Python.
- Good knowledge of human anatomy.
- Expertise in Maya or another equivalent 3D software
- Passion for animation and video games
- Capacity to work in a team
- Capacity to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
A portfolio is required with your application.