- Montreal, QC, Canada
Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America’s largest independent game developers with close to 600 employees and over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company’s games have reached more than 200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead by DaylightTM, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world’s most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney, Netflix, Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, and many more. For more information: bhvr.com.
We are now looking for a Tools Programmer to develop tools and system features. In this role, you will work in a dynamic environment, with game programmers as well as technical artists and designers on the prototype, design, implementation and improvement of game production pipelines.
What will you do ?
- Work closely with the leads and other engineers to define tool requirements / specs;
- Implement and improve efficient tools and scripts supporting all aspects of a game production;
- Compile build machine;
- Support game teams in feature development;
- Carefully test the implemented features;
- Participate in design and code reviews;
- Perform technology watch.
- Experience with Unity, Unreal and/or an equivalent game engine pipelines and tools
- Proficiency with C# and/or C++ - we are looking for someone able to build effective software designs and write clear and maintainable code
- Experience with continuous integration, package versioning and distribution
- Strong skills in systems design and user experience and a good algorithmic knowledge
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize your work & time and work within deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive on change and can adapt changing needs and requirements
- Ability to solve challenging technical problems with the most effective solution
- Strong interest and a real enthusiasm for video games and the gaming environment we work in
That would be great if you have :
- Familiarity with API architecture, design and documentation
- Previous experience configurating an automated build
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and to better games for our users.